GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a switch in my car. I have no idea what it does or why its there...

I have searched the forum and spoken to other R32 GTR owners and no one else has it.

It sits in the center console just before the arm rest. The switch has a picture of a fan on it and looks to have three settings as per a rocker switch. When I pull the switch out it says Nissan on it and there must be 4 or 5 wires connected.

I does nought and have checked all my fuses...

Any clues?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
pic?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the car is out in the carpark, will grab the phone and take a pic shortly

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
i know which one you mean, a lad off here has the same thing for sale a month or so ago but remained rather quiet about what it did.
is it not aircond glove box? the only thing i could think about at the time.
mine doesnt have the switch :-(

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I very much doubt that on a 1989 car, but I suppose I havent noticed the switching noise when pressing it of air con coming on. Almost certain it never has and therefore isnt...

I was thinking additional auxiliary fan for the rad... but its all normal. Fan for oil cooler... again.. nothing on it.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if it was related to the Mines stuff I am sure it wouldnt be a Fan switch from Nissan...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
pmsl, was meaning my 32 lol not mines.
im sure i read somewhere that an aircond glove box was factory optional extra but may be wrong. the reply from the other guy selling one was it was for his 3rd turbo lol, think he had as much idea as the rest of us!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
another thing thats just crossed my mind. did the n1's come with any arcon control unit? if not it could be heater blower switch instead of the heater control unit? suppose that would mean though you either have an n1 car or all the wiring and centre console has been replaced.
im curious now, wheres my fast cd.........

·
Banned
2,230 Posts
does the fan look like the symbol under the "Score" on this pic?

if so, its the nitrous button

;)

mook

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
does the fan look like the symbol under the "Score" on this pic?

if so, its the nitrous button

;)

mook

LLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL :clap: :D :thumbsup: :chuckle:

Mook you had me choke on my fish & chips at work lol :chairshot

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
There was a similar thread once on the Pulsar forums - on there it turned out to be a Nissan turbo timer - depending on which position the rocker switch was in was the time - 0secs, 10secs and 30secs IIRC. I'll try and find the thread, see if your switch is the same..

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
It gets more interesting....

here is the switch... Variable Geometry Turbo switch me thinks....?

then as I am looking in the back I thought to myself... that box on the rear shelf that you have always assumed was a Subwoofer.. is it really...

upon closer inspection, I dont think it is.... so I fiddle and away the cover comes to reveal this....

metal finned type contraption with japanese stickers and electrical wiring.. almost like the condenser fins on my tumble drier.

I definately doesnt work but I dont know why or how to make it work. The wires from the switch head backwards not forwards to the engine bay...

???

·
Registered
736 Posts
this is unbelievabley interesting!... i was the guy who kept asking the person selling his switch what it did! i was unreleneting and found no answer..

finally we learn its either a factory turbo timer, or an air purifier!? jesus H christ....lol

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
not a timer... the japanese chap wouldnt of put a blitz talking one in...

love the way the two japanese girls talk to me when i start and stop the car.

The toll lady says "put in your toll card" i assume and the turbo timer says "turbo timer on" i guess

·
Registered
3,104 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No coincidence, that is the best thread ever...

i want to get it working now, got to be worth an extra 20mph top end. Pure air is lighter right?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Took the cover off and hey presto, it gave me an electric shock. Stuck the cover back on feeling like I wanted to take a hammer to it. Pressed the switch... guess what, it works now.

Daft little thing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts