GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I know it is a really big shot in the dark becuase most people used the measuring tape supplied and their helmets probably fit really well.

BUT.....................

Does anyone have an XL and needs an L?

I swear my napper has ballooned and does not fit into the Large anymore!

Even bigger shot in the dark is an XXL for an L swap?

Failing that i might have to contact Arai and see if they do thinner cheek pieces and padding which might affect the comfort (Not as much as crushing my sweed just now though to be fair)

Helmet is pristine as you would expect and i even have the original cardboard box etc with the size on it if anyone wants that to match.

I would be happy to pay the postage for both parties and a wee donation to the charity of your choice for helping.

Regards

ScottyB

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I could think swapping a XL against a L ......i have 2 helmets and one of them is for the girlfriend,only used once as its a bit big for her(ok,far too big :D ).

I just checked the condition,its without any damage,no scratches...like new(maybe smells a bit after good parfume....:D )

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Evolution.

Let me know if you want to swap.

I think the best way to do it would be for me to post my helmet to you, with the necessary insurance etc just in case it gets damaged in transit.

Then when it arrives and you inspect it and you are happy you can post yours to me in Scotland?

Does that sound like a plan?

I would then refund your postage costs etc via bank transfer or paypal, plus a little something for your trouble.

Drop me a PM to sort out the finer details if you want.

Anyone with an XXL please still get in touch.

Regards

ScottyB

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I´m in the same situation but I need a L and I have a M. Any chance your GF needs an M, Alex? :) In that case Scotty could send me his, I´ll send mine to Alex and he´ll send his to Scotty! :D :cool:

/P

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I´m in the same situation but I need a L and I have a M. Any chance your GF needs an M, Alex? :) In that case Scotty could send me his, I´ll send mine to Alex and he´ll send his to Scotty! :D :cool:

/P
I let you know how good the L size fits here.....normaly it cant be small enough for here..... did my friend Thomas contact you?? if so and you´ll two will meet up somewhere in sweden,he can bring the helmet to you:D

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I let you know how good the L size fits here.....normaly it cant be small enough for here..... did my friend Thomas contact you?? if so and you´ll two will meet up somewhere in sweden,he can bring the helmet to you:D
Ok, otherwise just measure. ;) The M is 57-58cm. My helmet is as new. Have been used a few times but no marks on it.

No, haven´t heard from him. Please ask him to either call or mail me. :)

/P

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I measured my head and ordered an XL, but couldn't even begin to get it over my obviously peculiarly shaped head!

On the day, they swapped it for an XXL, but even that was uncomfortably tight.

My head shape only seems to fit comfortably in Simpson or Bell helmets. Is it a coincidence that both are American?... :runaway:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I have my GTR measuring tape here with me,according to the tape i need a L ,which does not fit me....never,not even if someone would try to hammer it on my head.... I now have a XXL and that feels tight,but ok.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts