GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give some guidance / advice as to approriate cams. Spec: Power FC, 550's, steel turbos, filters, exhaust, de-cat, boost controller. Gave 330bhp @ hubs @ 1.0 bar on 95ron. Intend to run 1.2 bar but clutch couldn't hack it and is due to be replaced soon. Car is for fast road use so want to maintain decent road manners.

Any advice on appropriate cams and expected gains would be much appreciated. Cheers Ed

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers all, looks like pon cams then. When fitting cams did you fit new followers or get away with the old ones?

419 Posts
Lol

You do keep asking James.How many times do I have to tell you,"no two cars are the same".

Still laughing

Tony:) :)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Sean - care to share?

Tony - for a given spec you would expect `ideal` cam timing to be reasonably consistent, certainly within a degree or two.

419 Posts
Sean/James

I know Tamura San is a Knowledgeable man as I found out when he visited our premises,but with all due respect he does not spend 40 hrs a week on the Dyno! I would suggest his figures would be very extreme. I say it again ,start at 110/115 in & ex as Tomei suggest and play on the dyno from there.

Tony

ps I will post some before and after v-cam dyno graphs next week.They are interesting.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
tonysoprano said:
I know Tamura San is a Knowledgeable man as I found out when he visited our premises,but with all due respect he does not spend 40 hrs a week on the Dyno! I would suggest his figures would be very extreme. I say it again ,start at 110/115 in & ex as Tomei suggest and play on the dyno from there.

Tony

ps I will post some before and after v-cam dyno graphs next week.They are interesting.
Tony,
What figures would you start at for 280 Deg In/EX cams?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts