GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to decide which would produce more power. A set of poncams and just staying at 1.1 bar or fitting better turbo's and boosting to say 1.5 on the stock cams?

Secondly, cost will be a minor factor. Turbo's I would be able to fit along with the fuel pump, inj, and AFM's but I won't be able to install the cams. What are you guys paying for cam installs? I'm not counting mapping/dyno time as it would be the same for both more than likely.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I need to know this too, cams or turbo's first?? Which would I be able to use without needing to remap at this stage running 1 bar?

Cams you're looking at say £350 for a pair and around £300 to fit them.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think turbos will give you more power with more cost,as you might as well replace the dump pipes at the same time.
Cams wont give you the power that a set of turbos will give.
I fitted pon cams 260's and left the standard turbos on,revs better/harder sounds horny. If i was cashed up or the mrs would never find out :chairshot
I would have gone for turbos first. I got the poncams from japan and fitted them myself.I think they complement a set of turbos ,then the other way around.Of course when i fit a nice set of N1's or GTSS sigh.. dream dream..
thats my 2 cents anyway

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
SteveN said:
Standard cams can be used even at 700odd bhp if you wanted.

With forced induction cams and headwork and so on arnt half as important as on a n/a car.

Deffo turbos first.
As long as you fit them on a 1000hp engine:D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool, thanks...looks like it will be saving for some turbo's

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Just out of interest, what turbo's have you got your eye on???

TT

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't decide really, It's more than likely going to be based on best buy at the time. Possibly just N1's since they seem to go for about a grand for the set but I would like to have some 2530's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts