GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I have an R33 GTR with 48.9k miles on the clock. It was imported in February and as far as i know, the cambelt hasnt been changed ( i say as far..... i havent done it yet).

I took it to a local garage to change it, but they advised the crank shaft pully bolt is, to them, un-moveable.

They have changed cambelts on RB25's before, said the same bolt tends to be tight, but nothing like mine.

Now i have to questions i would most appreciate answers too:

1) how long, from 00000 miles will an original cambelt last?

2) where can i go to actually get my cambelt changed? Abbey?

Many thanks in advance!

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
The Japanese mileage is 100,000km between new belts, the UK mileage is 48,000 miles. Shorter distance due to higher average speeds????

The procedure is the same for the RB26 as the RB25 engines.. You should be able to remove it with a 3/4 inch drive socket and long bar..

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
found with my 33 the bolt wasnt that bad but with my 32 gtr it was solid and took a bar that was up to the bonnet then belt outover to make it even longer and one hell of a force to get it undone. it took 2 sets of sockets as the first bar bent clean in half!
have heard a blokey that puts the socket on and rests it against floor then turns car over quickly, must say i personally would only do this as a last resort and would be shting my pants all the way lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts