GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I'll be building a new engine soon and I would like some advise on cam duration choices. The engine will be based on a OSGiken 3.2 bottom end and will be running a single GT42 or GT45 sized turbo. The car will be used for trackdays and must be streetable also.

I'm stuck between the choice of 270 or 280 deg duration cams (In and Ex, 10.8mm lift), my concern will be mid range torque as well as drivability, as the bottom end is a 3.2, its probably not that rev happy in the first place and I'm not really too concern abt topend powerband, this car is not going to be used as a drag car, just need a good spread of torque mid-range onwards.

Any suggestions? Thanks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
On my RB30/26, I've got the Tomei 280, 10.8 cams, Garrett T04z 96 a/r and I've got very strong midrange. I think with your setup they would be the ideal cams to have.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On my RB30/26, I've got the Tomei 280, 10.8 cams, Garrett T04z 96 a/r and I've got very strong midrange. I think with your setup they would be the ideal cams to have.
...so what do you think is the main difference between a 270-10.8mm and a 280-10.8mm? Just the powerband?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts