GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

i am building my GT-R (2012) at the moment for 1000-1100 Hp on Pump Fuel. In Germany we got 102 octane pump fuel, so no E85 needed.

I built the box with 18 Plate clutch and PPG Gearset.

Engine got Manley pistons and rods, ARP main studs, King bearing etc...

The engine is not complete built at the moment, so i am thinking of camshafts. My tuner advised me to go for aftermarket cams above 900 Hp. I know, from tuner to tuner the 900 Hp border changes a little bit up or down but i think its time for aftermarket cams and springs.

I am thinking of JUN camshafts, they are available in 3 stages. So my question is should i better go for stage 2 cams with 264 duration or better for stage 3 cams with 272 cams? Any recommendations?

It is very important for me that i got like stock idle and still good power below 3000-4000 rpm.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
We used the Tomei Pon cams, the small ones and made 1101whp on 99 octane.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey guys,

i am building my GT-R (2012) at the moment for 1000-1100 Hp on Pump Fuel. In Germany we got 102 octane pump fuel, so no E85 needed.

I built the box with 18 Plate clutch and PPG Gearset.

Engine got Manley pistons and rods, ARP main studs, King bearing etc...

The engine is not complete built at the moment, so i am thinking of camshafts. My tuner advised me to go for aftermarket cams above 900 Hp. I know, from tuner to tuner the 900 Hp border changes a little bit up or down but i think its time for aftermarket cams and springs.

I am thinking of JUN camshafts, they are available in 3 stages. So my question is should i better go for stage 2 cams with 264 duration or better for stage 3 cams with 272 cams? Any recommendations?

It is very important for me that i got like stock idle and still good power below 3000-4000 rpm.
Did you finish this build? What did you go with any feedback?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, it`s finished, car is running on basemap.

Everything took a bit longer than expected ... thanks covid ;)

I used Piper Cams Stage 3 (I think ultimate road), they are maybe a bit overkill, don`t know actually but my old tuner advised them for my setup. Car is running smooth and nice @ idle (900-1.000 rpm) with the basemap. My mapper told me with the final map he could lower the idle rpm with still smooth idle.

·
Vendor
3,201 Posts
I bet they do a 1000 flywheel on std cams.

I would’nt go more than 264 jun, but I’d prefer the pon cams Around 256 and as John states above they make the power and will have good road manners. Most of the time your just moving the power band around with marginal gains.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Those are pretty big cams for 1000 - 1100 BHP.

I have 1025 Wheel HP, so over 1200 BHP on E85 with Jun cams that have 264 degree duration and slightly more lift than standard cams.

I hope it goes well for you.

Which Turbos did you use?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yeah i think even they are too big but my tuner (I don`t give the name but it`s a recommended one ;)) advised them for my 1.000 HP setup.

In the end i think i am okay with that because i went for bigger turbos. Got the ETS GTX3076Gen2 Turbokit with 3,5" Intakes and 2x3,5" to 4" Y-Pipe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts