GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
If anybody is interested in a morning drifting and dealing with oversteer etc I can probably get a cheap deal at Rockingham's wet grip facility as I work as an ARDS instructor at the circuit.

·
Registered
861 Posts
That's just sliding a car in the wet.... Sorry but that's not drifting. :)

·
Registered
692 Posts
I did exactly that at Millbrook in the dry... Well not as many laps as I didn't want to kill the tyres in minutes. But it was bloody good fun.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tyres shot or broke the front diff David?
Well that's more a story for issue 191 of evo... ;)

In reality, the precise cause has yet to be diagnosed, but there's no doubt that it has become a RWD 720hp beast!
Iain thinks it's most likely to be the 4WD clutches.

Tom Chilton has been running his like this for months! Makes for more entertaining passenger rides...

Bizarre thing is, bar the momentary clutch overheat warning, there have been no further warning lights since.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Nice vid David:)

Sorry for the mini hijack but as i now have a true RWD monster i for some childish reason have decided i'd like to learn how to drift properly & under full control (i'm defo getting more stupid as i get older).

Has anyone got any suggestions of where's the better places for tuition? I live in the North West so don't fancy a 400 mile round trip to Rockingham or Millbrook.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Anglesey run proper drift days.

But David should know better - thats not proper drifting and the GTR wont really drift in the recognised format. You can slide about and you can carry enormous speed but if being marked compared to a proper drift car you would find lots of understeer particularly, weak angle unless going impossibly fast and transitions there were not very snappy.

Its sooooo difficult to do that even the japs rarely try with 4wd style cars, its a bit like sex with your sister - technically it has alot of the same movements but it just aint right somehow !!

J.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts