GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Give me the full SP on the new GTR, I have been abroad so if I have missed a thread please redirect, if not give me your Honest opinions, is it worth the extra and how is the car in general.
I have read much on here and driven the old car (2010), just on the edge of next purchase. Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
150 Posts
MY2011 impression

I have had mine for 6 weeks now. I previously had a MY2010 which I put 17000 miles on in 10 months - eg too much so I decided to change.

Car feels more planted, better ride quality - less clunky, feels different in the way it puts the power down.

Personally I think the car is much better. Can't really say anything about the fuel economy being better.....

For me just more refined -

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had mine for 6 weeks now. I previously had a MY2010 which I put 17000 miles on in 10 months - eg too much so I decided to change.

Car feels more planted, better ride quality - less clunky, feels different in the way it puts the power down.

Personally I think the car is much better. Can't really say anything about the fuel economy being better.....

For me just more refined -
Thats encouraging, whats the economy like?.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in London about 15 mpg on motorway 22 ish and long trip at 80-85 mph about 26mpg
Thats very good IMO, I do almost all Miles on the open road, no real town work at all, so looking good for me, I just could not live with 12/15MPG all the time.
I am going to test drive the new 2011 car next week, looking end of the year change, I have the only 2011 550i M Sport to date in the UK so not sure how I am going to move it, maybe pistonheads.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Moving on a 550i within a year will surely hurt, wouldn't you be best to keep it for a few years, unless you really don't like it and are prepared to take the hit?

·
Registered
986 Posts
Thats very good IMO, I do almost all Miles on the open road, no real town work at all, so looking good for me, I just could not live with 12/15MPG all the time.
I am going to test drive the new 2011 car next week, looking end of the year change, I have the only 2011 550i M Sport to date in the UK so not sure how I am going to move it, maybe pistonheads.
Why are you ditching the 550i so soon? I would imagine that'll be a hard sell given the new M5 is on the horizon and that's probably your target market!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Moving on a 550i within a year will surely hurt, wouldn't you be best to keep it for a few years, unless you really don't like it and are prepared to take the hit?
Yea moving it next Jan would be when I am looking at not before, to much of a hit. If I don't get a good price I may have to keep it a bit longer.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why are you ditching the 550i so soon? I would imagine that'll be a hard sell given the new M5 is on the horizon and that's probably your target market!
I have considered the M5, price may be "High though", I will have to see what I am offered and go from there.
I may well get a great price from BMW to stay with them against the M5, we'll see. I still want the GTR though :nervous:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thats encouraging, whats the economy like?.
The economy is in a right mess; unemployment is up, productivity down, inflation's as 4.5%.... how long have you been away?

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Hate to say it, but if you had bought a GT-R when first interested, you would be facing a lot less depreciation than you are going to be selling the 550i...:runaway:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hate to say it, but if you had bought a GT-R when first interested, you would be facing a lot less depreciation than you are going to be selling the 550i...:runaway:
You could be right, however it's the "Only one" in the UK, so should help RV.:thumbsup:............ we hope.:nervous:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts