GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to get a new tyre pressure sensor on one of my wheels, but because I had it done at a local garage, the sensor is now not connecting to the CPU, and there is a warning on the dashboard every time I start the car.

Do I have to specifically go to a NHPC, or can any old Nissan dealership do it?

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
According to the twats at Nissan stealerships it's only nhpc's, i know Litchfields can do them

·
Registered
279 Posts
I had a problem with the settings at my last service a few weeks ago. I had spent some time getting the nitrogen tyre pressures correct when cold and were spot on when I took the car in. However when I got it back they were significantly lower!
So I took it back and eventually agreed they would over inflate them (reluctantly) and I would wait for the next cold morning and let them down to the spec as measured by my multiple guages.
Anyway, the point of telling this is, that in the discussion it was mentioned that at some point in the production the frequency of the sensors and receiver had been changed.
I would assume this means you cant mix the two variants.

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
It's very easy to reset the earlier tpms sensors using Ecutek and a cheap trigger tool available off ebay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts