GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I've failed to find the right Skyline in the UK and I've had a look at some auction prices and dealer prices in Japan and am happy to deal with UK side of the import. I just need to find someone in Japan to buy the right skyline and arrange export for me :)

Ideally I'd like someone who others have used and recommend. Much as I would love a Prospec car, for cost reasons the car will be need to bought at Japanese auction.

I'm fairly well aware of the costs when the car imported, but if anyone sees anything I've missed please let me know:
- Cost of car ;)
- Shipping £700-£900
- Importers Cost
- Import Duty 10%
- VAT 17.5%
- UK conversion costs £300-£600
- SVA Test £165
- First Registration fee £25
- Road Tax £160
- CAT 1 alarm £275-£600
- Tracking device £300-£900 depending on model

I've spoken to New Era imports as they were recommended by a friend and they seem helpful but possibly a little dearer than others. Any recommendations welcome :cool:

Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SVA?

I've just checked the DTLR site and it appears the Enhanced SVA test is dearer at £180-190, which isn't too much.

Did you mean that compliance cost have risen?
-I've been quoted £475+Vat for a conversion and told it may be possible to get it done cheaper.

I'd be Interested in hearing from anyone who has put a skyline through the SVA lately - Was much work required? What did it cost?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
SVA

Hi there,

You cannot get through SVA test for £500.
Especially for Skylines, you need around £1,000, and sometimes you need more. It is due to the modification that the car has been done.

Yours,
Shin

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Insurance

I shipped my car back in September last year using Occidental Cars.

www.occidental.co.jp

The one thing that you might have forgotten is the insurance for the shipping. There are 2 versions - one is very cheap (2 % of the car value I think) which covers only total loss - the other is about 12% of the car value but is the equivalent of fully comp. (ie stolen wheels, stereo etc)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Agent

Hi,

You really should chose proper agent and proper car to import Skylines to avoide wasting time and money.
You'd never better to import modified car.
And you'd better to chose the agent that can do from de-registration in Japan to registration in the UK.
In my case, it took around 3 month to get through the SVA test for modified GTR33.
And from 1st November, you are required E-SVA for the cars manufacutured after 1997.

Yours,
Shin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts