GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi R35 community!
I need to make a clean wire job for one of my Racelogic Vbox Lite clients to tidy up cables. Currently all the cables are jammed into glove box... It does not look very nice.

I need to know if there is CAN Bus somewhere in the back of the car so I don't need to take the CAN signal from the OBDII port. From diff or e.t.c.
I want to install the system somewhere in the trunk and it's always good idea to keep the CAN bus as short as possible.

It's a trackday car with interior upholstery beautifully redone.
And I don't want to mess that up with cables!

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Use the can bus signal from the TCM module which is located behind the rear seats/bulkhead to the left of the subwoofer. Access is from the trunk/boot.

I'm a little concerned though that you will be working on this GTR yet have no access to technical information which would give you this answer. No offence intended but if any tuner/garage/shop which I was paying to work on my GTR had to find answers on an owners forum, I'd be none too happy.

Reactions: OnboardsLV

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Charlie! :bowdown1:
This is what I was looking for!!!

Regarding this:
I'm a little concerned though that you will be working on this GTR yet have no access to technical information which would give you this answer. No offence intended but if any tuner/garage/shop which I was paying to work on my GTR had to find answers on an owners forum, I'd be none too happy.
It only took for me 30 mins to get a Working Real world/detailed answer.
This or factory wiring diagram would take me more then 30 mins and still I would not be sure: https://www.google.lv/search?newwin...0.0.msedr...0...1c..64.img..0.0.0.mURpZBSuDug

Would it be better if I write -"for my pal" ? ;) Still the decision stays with me to use your info or not on the Clients car and to combine with my previous knowledge (e.g. Low speed CAN, Twisted pair or not)
The problem with these kind of projects is that here in Latvia they are one of a kind - there will be only one GTR R35 trackday car with installed Racelogic Vbox. Second best option to ask about CAN buses is my client himself as he, some time ago when the car was almost stock, logged data from CAN bus for his tuner who was located in UK and sent back the maps via e-mail. He also does not trust our local engine/electornuc gurus as they have never worked on this kind of car.
I still have access to local dealership and technical info but they have sold maybe less than 10 cars and there is nobody who has worked on GTR R35 electronics in this country...

Best regards

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Sorry if my comment seemed harsh, I didnt mean it to be, just that anyone embarking on working on an vehicle platform would always be wise to find the tech docs. You just need to know where to look..

Try these for size..

Reactions: OnboardsLV
1 - 5 of 5 Posts