GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya

I have porblem with fuel pump relay, there is no any voltage to the fuel pump at all when I was on ignition and I can't sort it so far.

How ever if I put the wire cross from fuel pump relay connector 3 to 5 and then fuel pump will start to make pumping noise, even through the ignition is off.

Now I have by pass the power through the FPCM and Fuel relay, and wire one of 12v ignition power straight to fuel pump. Now once I ignition the power and fuel pump works straight away and start engine without any problem.

I am just concerning is ok to do this ? or this will create problem when driving.

Regards
Tony

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
IIRC the FPCM is negative switching (well, resistive), anyway earthing the fuel pump to chassis will override the FPCM.

This may not help if wiring isn't large enough to support the amperage of your pump.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IIRC the FPCM is negative switching (well, resistive), anyway earthing the fuel pump to chassis will override the FPCM.

This may not help if wiring isn't large enough to support the amperage of your pump.
I have used a very thick wiring : 27 amp for + and 17 amp for -. are they thick enough ?

Tony

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've just had this problem and tried to test what you did with the relay and that fired up the pump... Big thanks! That was a relief, didn't want to fork out for new pump(nismo) but really want to work out the cause of this issue. My relay works fine also, I tried using it to run the lights successfully and used the light one to run the pump... nothing. So what is the actual problem that stops the relay getting power? Is it the fuel pump ecu (FPCM?) or something else in the line?

·
Registered
656 Posts
there is something else inline, dont know what its called but controles the voltage to the pump, i had it bypassed by rk tuning, got constant full currant to pump now, think this might be your problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts