GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Nissan can fit a reversing camera to the rear (!) of the car would it not be possible to add the same type of camera to the front of the car and download footage direct to the 30GB hard drive or CF card? Great for track days and other evidence!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rachel Stevens, Kate from Lost or The Ginger One from Girls Aloud, on a stick, will do fine in addition.......:chuckle:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the track surely you won't want to be looking the GTR's computer? Possibly more focus should be on the track?
I would be reviewing the footage of each lap, during or following a track day, to study where I could gain more time during a lap to improve my performance.

I wouldn't be watching the camera whilst driving. :p

Having a hard drive would be an ideal place to store this footage. Then to be able drop it on to a CF card for portability would be pretty cool.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I don't think any European cars will have a reversing camera. I also think I heard that even in Japan it's a dealer option, not a factory option.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have ordered my GTR from Middlehursts and they have said that they can fit parking sensors themselves when (!) the car arrives. I assume these will be sensors and not cameras, but either way factory fitted on the UK models was not an option. Hope this helps. You could probably get some clever installer to fit cameras and tie them into the MFD (I was told that I could have this done on my R34, but never did so), but I don't really think I would want somebody messing around with my brand new GTR who had never done it before!

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
I would be reviewing the footage of each lap, during or following a track day, to study where I could gain more time during a lap to improve my performance.

I wouldn't be watching the camera whilst driving. :p

Having a hard drive would be an ideal place to store this footage. Then to be able drop it on to a CF card for portability would be pretty cool.
Oh! Well in that case, please forgive my stupidity! :flame:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts