GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is already a stage 4.25 EcuTek mapped to 696bhp. But I only have one map & I would like switchable maps for different fuels & a pops & bangs map.

Is it possible to save my current map using the EcuTek cable, & download other maps from some where & flash them myself?

I asked a tuner who gave me a price for just a pops & bangs map but he said he would have to overwrite my existing map.

I don't want to loose my existing map & I don't want my car popping & banging all the time as it will just start winding me up after a while.

Any help or advice will be appreciated.

·
Vendor
499 Posts
The ROM dumps are in a slightly different format so tuners cannot view other tuner's maps. They're for Ecutek only, primarily to view new OEM maps and then produce their stock files, very rarely are used to verify if a file is corrupt in some way or similar fault finding exercise.
Seems odd to only have a single map active, all the UK tuners usually give 4 with options for features and power/octane levels.
Your original enquiry would be correct in that tuners can only overwrite your original file, although with it already being mapped it won't consume another license fee, just the custom dyno tune fee.

Reactions: OcTag4n

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your reply.

I have asked JM Imports if there were switchable maps but Jurgen only said that the boost could be raised or lowered via the cruise control button, which it does.

Do you have an idea of the cost to have the switchable maps installed?

·
Vendor
499 Posts
Cost would vary depending on tuner, anyone apart from your original mapper will have to start from scratch so expect a full mapping fee, your original mapper would (should) add desired maps in and send an updated file at nominal fee or free. Some tuners map themselves and may have a dyno in-house, some send datalogs and get maps in from a third party.
If you can move the boost target up and down, have you held the cancel button for a second to enter map switch mode and checked you dont have others available?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have tried the cancel button, but nothing happens.

I will ask JM about switchable maps. They are a good 4hrs away from me though, unless they can send me the maps that I can flash myself, I have the EcuTek cable.

·
Vendor
499 Posts
I'm sure they'll be able to sort that remotely, they should be able to get their mapper to send them an updated tune for you with those added features in, I wouldn't know what they would charge or not, definitely a question for them!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jurgen must be working late!!

He was kind enough to phone me just now & explain about the switching of maps being absent from my car. He remembered the original owner that had the work done at JM & he's sure the car has the flame/pops ability. He said there is a video on YouTube explaining how to do it which I think I found below...

How to make your Nissan GTR Flame ECUTEK with Romain from RaceCal

I'll be trying this tomorrow 😁

Thanks to Jurgen & everyone else for your help 👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts