GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to widen the arches on my GTS, cause I want to stuff some 8 wide wheels under... anyone got any ideas as to how this can be done??

PS Pretty Urgent as my Friend will sell his lovely wheels to some other bod.....

Si:D

·
Registered
865 Posts
I would have thought it easy as most standard wheels 15" and above 6.5J and above so 8J should go on easily if the offset is correct? If they don't fit coz of a dodgy offset leave it as it will effect your handling and widening the arches will just be a waste.

Only way of doing it is to get some GTR wings and quarters if they do differ as on the R33 and you should get the extra width your after.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the standard wheels are 16 inch by 6.5J and the ones I want to put under are 16 inch but 8J and the stick out of the arches by about 1.5 inches, which is illegal, and dangerous...

Its just a damn shame cause I soooooo love these wheels too...

I just wondered if wider wheels would adversly effect the handling of the car, by the looks of it they will...... DAMN

Si

·
Registered
865 Posts
Well if there sticking out that much mate then aswell as a dodgy offset its dodgy anyway, wasn't meant to be and i'm sure theres something better around the corner.

What was of the offset of the wheels anyway? Something silly like 20ET?

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Offset

Wheels say Offset +13 on them. Looks like I have 30mm offset and you have 40mm. I thought that seemed to fill my GTR arches better:)
Obviously that 10mm makes all the difference:(

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Matt sent me that Skys the Limit Book on PDF , and Dave your right I do have a 40mm offset...

ooooo Sounds like some sort of disease.....eeeerrrrrr

Anyway scraped the Idea of widening the arches not going to bother, as 4000 dollors for the Veilside Arches is just a joke...

Si:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts