GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want spacers on my R35

People say they run 15mm on the front and 20mm on the rear and from pictures I've seen I want to do this I think.

I want quality, so thinking H&R, or Eibach hubcentric (this style IS better than the versions with the longer bolts?)

This website list all these for the R35:
http://www.performancealloys.com/alloy-search-results.aspx?ModelID=5971&PCDID=5&tab=3

H&R on thier website only list 15mm for the GTR though.

Using the link above I did a search on eBay for the part numbers:

Cheapest from Germany,
15mm:
H&R SV 30mm 3065666 Nissan GT-R (Typ R35) Spurverbreiterung Spurplatten | eBay

20mm:
H&R SV 40mm 4065661 Nissan 370Z Z34 Spurverbreiterung Spurplatten | eBay

The 20mm listed on the first website address by the part number they are for a 370Z when running my search by the part numbers.

BUT (this is my question)

We know 370Z wheels fit a gtr, and vice versa:

So is the first website correct in listing those spacers for the GTR? and I can buy those ones listed for the 350z the 20mm ones for the rear of my GTR?

They will fit ok, and be 100% safe?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay so nobody helped so I thought I'd answer it myself, in case anybody else is wondering.

I ordered the parts and yes they fit, so yes the 370z spacers are the same as the GTR R35.

See the part numbers on the boxes in the pics below if you want to order the same setup, 20mm and 15mm

I have had the spacers popped on but not springs yet, somebody did a pic request for spacers on standard suspension so here it is:

STANDARD:

FITTED:

These to go on tomorrow to go with the new tyres and I'm booked in for an alignment Wednesday.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
I just don't get spacers.

The difference they make visually is marginal at best, they add rotating mass, they add unsprung mass, they put additional load on the wheel bearings, they increase tramlining by altering the offset of the wheel and they introduce an additional component not designed into the vehicle dynamics when the car was set up by the factory.

Loads of downsides, marginal upside at best if you even spot it.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I just don't get spacers.

The difference they make visually is marginal at best, they add rotating mass, they add unsprung mass, they put additional load on the wheel bearings, they increase tramlining by altering the offset of the wheel and they introduce an additional component not designed into the vehicle dynamics when the car was set up by the factory.

Loads of downsides, marginal upside at best if you even spot it.
Couldn't the same be argued against aftermarket wheels with lower offsets?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok here is the comparison:

standard:

just with spacers on standard springs:

spacers and springs fitted:
(h&r 20mm rear spacers and 15mm front, 30mm springs)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Nice...Stance baby stance!!

Any issues with wheels rubbing on arches?

Cheers
Louie

·
Registered
991 Posts
Looks perfect.

How are the springs. Any more comfort?? Thinking of getting my shocks re-valved softer.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Looks good, sits well. do you notice the ride being a lot firmer.

Have you added a duck tail spoiler, if so which one.

What tint have you gone for.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Firestarter I cant reply to your PM for some reason,

"1, take it that these just fit on the existing hub and are secured with the supplied nuts. Then the wheel fits on the spacer and is secured by the OE nuts?
2, Did you get 15 & 20mm spacers as im confused cos it looks like the boxes in your photos say 30 & 40mm??"

Yes exactly, the spacers bolt on like wheels then the wheels and oem wheel bolts bolt to the spacers, this is Hubcentric ones, rather than spacers then longer wheel bolts supplied, dodgy im told.. and yes 15mm front and 20mm rear.

There is no rubbing (lowered on 30mm h&r springs)

Ride is stiffer, i drive with it in confort for it to be like normal before the lowering.

spoiler is oem spoiler with the extension kit..

tint was done locally, cant remember the % i chose sorry, darker rears then fronts.

spacers and springs been on a few k miles now with no problems:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Thanks bud!

That wrap is dope....looks awesome!!!

One thing with the lowering springs. Have you tracked the car with these on? If so how did it feel compared to the standard set up? Also have you fitter uprated ARBs?

Cheers
Louie

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
only a dried session on the track around castle combe and went steady, and didnt go on before so can't compare sorry. but still no rubbing which was good.

only did spacers and springs, no arbs you speak of

·
Registered
540 Posts
Thanks bud. Car looks the pups!!!!
Can you point me to where you bought ya Eibach 30mm springs? I can only seem to find the 20/13mm kit??

Made my mind up now and want the 30mm lowering as to me 20/13mm is not worth the effort!!

Cheers
Louie

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That was my thoughts exactly.

I ended up getting them on eBay from Germany, was the best price when I stuck in the part number (may have to set the search on search worldwide)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've bought the spacers from the link and it seems they won't fit due to a tall like washer with a screw on the end in the hub which is stopping the spacer going on the hub.
Do I remove this? Is it safe to? Sorry if this sounds like a daft question.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts