GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a Skyline, but I am lost with all the various models and marques. I understand that there are R32,33,34 but they all seem to have a hundred variations! Please could someone post a basic list of them with the engines fitted.
Many thanks:)

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Don't worry about it, sure there is a selection of different ones but the only one that you actually should consider buying is a GTR. All the others are not really worth bothering with. ;)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Cord said:
Don't worry about it, sure there is a selection of different ones but the only one that you actually should consider buying is a GTR. All the others are not really worth bothering with. ;)
LMAO - Nick W, surely time for a comment from you ;)

·
Registered
4,146 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Looking for an R32 with a few tasty bits on. Got to be faster than the Scoob.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking at the specs am I right in thinking that an R32 with Nissan brakes is not a V-spec or higher?

·
Registered
26 Posts
CHAZ ; Ask cord if he has actually driven a gts-t. I doubt it. stick with your imp Cord, and don,t try to put anyone off the gts-t it,s a superb model.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
V spec R32's are very rare (and V spec 2's even rarer). They fetch very high prices in Japan now, there was one I saw online at a similar price to a year old R34 :eek: Madness!

Anyway stock R32 GTRs are excellent value if imported directly - especially if you are looking for goodies. Often the prices are lower the cost of building the engine to that spec. Might be worth speaking to 'Dirk Diggler' or 'Sports-Imports' on this site as I believe they have both recently sourced 500+bhp R32's.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I have driven, worked on, tuned etc... loads of skylines. And in my opinion if you are going to buy one it might aswell be the proper article, ie a GT-R. There is no need to get on the defensive, I never said there was anything wrong with others, just that they aren't as good.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Chaz,
You know that's not mine right ?

And don't pay any attention to that Cord eejit :p, he's spent too much time lying on his back ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cord ; Sorry if i wound you up, But to say that the others are.nt worth bothering about is,nt very nice considering you,ve driven them and worked on them is it.?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No its not your JasonO this belongs to a JasonMcB

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Don't worry Bob you will have to try a lot harder than that to wind me up :p

But more importantly I am a bit worried about Jason, and how he knows I spend a lot of time lying on my back :D

Don't listen to em Chaz, you need a GT-R, and when you've bought it, bring it to us to make it faster.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where is RB Motorsport?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Mawdesley, and if you haven't heard of that it is just the other side of Leyland. This is all presuming you are from Preston in Lancashire.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
First on the left after the big pub, right after the little pond thingy, then left at teh big ramshackley barn ;)

Or something like that....I got lost at least 5 times trying to find it in the same day :)

Oh yeah, and go early the breakfast is brill :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts