GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a nightmare this week,I have now managed to lock myself out of the boot...Some bright spark had the boot de-locked abd my only way in was the boot release.After alot of greif swapping things around in the boot(my other problem this week) I managed to drop something onto the lock mechanism,in fishing it out I pressed down on something and it locked in place.I thought nothing of it and shut the boot only to find now the boot release does not release anymore...
Anyone know how to get into a boot of a skyline without the keys or the boot release??????
I am hope someone knows or I might have to do a basil fawlty on the car........

·
Registered
666 Posts
I do not know how to get in the boot, but I can confirm that the lever you pressed does exactly that.
It is handy if you know it in advance though.
I would have thought you are a bit buggered.
Due to the stiffener panel in the boot under the tower brace even if you take the back seat out you cant go much further into the boot from within the car.

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well after speaking to Middlehurst it looks like I am well and truely fu##ed.The only way in is to take the back seats out again,remove the panel and take a long stick to try and release the catch....
Failing that it looks like I will have to drill out a hole where the lock should be....What fun this weekend is going to be..

·
Registered
961 Posts
my mum did this on her orion we took the speaker out of the parcel shelf and got me to unlock the boot from the inside i think i had to lift the catch up with my arm!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like my luck is changing as I managed to get the boot open,only took about 20 mins and that included taking the seats and metal panel out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts