GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my car the noise from the bell housing bearing is normally very quite after 3 sessions on a track day on Monday it became louder after each session. Rattle on start up then would quieten down after a few second the final time upon leaving was quite alarming from inside the car after the drive home and start up the day after its back to unnoticeable again. I fancy entering another track day, is this anyone else has experianced Thanks.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Can't help with track day experience but my car is on the original bellhousing at 44k miles and some days it sounds pretty bad then it'll go a few weeks without seeming to make any noise. It's weird.

·
Vendor
6,328 Posts
Are you sure it's the bellhousing bearing, normally if you rag the car then it makes the clutches noisey, try doing a clutch learn

·
Premium Member
3,323 Posts
If you've got a bell housing issue it definitely gets worse when the car is being driven hard on track due to the heat.

·
Vendor
6,328 Posts
The way to check bellhousing rattle is to leave the yin neutral rev it upto 1800rpm and if you feel a vibration in the floor then it's that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts