GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my car for 15000k service in Abu Dhabi today and got chatting to service guy. He saw my offside rear alloy had been scuffed (don't ask) but said best to go through insurance as it would cost 8,000AED (that £1,333 for ONE WHEEL!!!!!!!!!!!:squintdan). After I picked myself up I said thats crazy cause I can get FOUR new wheels of the type on the zele car for approx £3-4k. Still in shock about the 8,000AED he said don't fit aftermarket wheels as it will invalidate your warranty :confused::confused: trying to steady myself from collapsing for the second time - hoping this was a sick joke and the Phillipino chap would break out in a big smile - I enquired why, to which he replied because it will upset the suspension and handling of the car - but it would not affect the engine warranty.....:eek::eek: I left baffled, bemused, beaten up and wanting to write to Nissan.

Anyway, I returned to collect my car and to be offered a service deal for up to and including the 60,000k - the cost? 50,000AED :puke: If I paid as I goed so to speak, it would work out 60,000AED :squintdan.

So, I have decided to fit Accessport and GTC race titanium exhaust and invalidate my warranty, cause either way i'm screwed :squintdan:chuckle::chuckle:

I am going to write to Nissan though - in English, Japanese and Arabic as I think its a disgrace. I waited ever since I first saw the concept pics of GTR to have one and think the car is awesome. However, the warranty and service issues are unbelievable - and before anyone says anything, the service costs were not available when I purchased the car, but stupidly I thought they would be at reasonable intervals and certainly reasonable prices - as for parts costs - well, thank goodness DAMAS (thats the gold refinery next to me) - is close by!!

I think I will be trading in for a 911GT3 RS next year - at least its a service every 20k! But in the meantime, I gonna enjoy Godzilla.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
That's shocking mate. 1k for one wheel is insane, that dymag money.

Pure bs it will upset suspension and handelling. car sales men lies

Let one of the garages in UAE i recommened look after servicing, i can send you the same dealer tech manuals Nissan have

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Yes it is nasty!

....Having said that, Check out what it costs for Veyron wheels (17,000pounds), And you need to replace the wheels every 3rd tyre change!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yes it is nasty!

....Having said that, Check out what it costs for Veyron wheels (17,000pounds), And you need to replace the wheels every 3rd tyre change!
WRONG!.

The first Service on a Veyron costs £13,645 – and then they get more expensive. Bugatti says the bulk of the cost is labour £6000 which includes the checking of the many and complex systems on the car. Then there’s the monumental cost of replacing the Veyron’s bespoke tyres, something Bugatti insists is done every 2500 miles. They cost £6325 each and to make matters worse only Bugatti can fit them. Also all 4 wheels need to be replaced every third tyre change ( after 7500 miles tops ) and that will set you back £29,900. At least you get a 2 year warranty with a Veyron but if you want to extend it then you’ll be asked for an extra £38,000 for a year or £63,000 for 2 years. Just 4 years of ownership, 3000 miles and £275k of depreciation would cost £38.51 per mile.

:eek::eek:

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
OMG - why do the wheels need to be changed? light weight hence not as strong?
Crazy expensive warranty!

....I did get the price wrong though, It's not $17,000pounds, it's $29,900pounds per set!!

...But that's not the worse of it, The tyres which are Bugatti only, have to be replaced every 2500miles.....And they cost $6325pounds EACH!!!!!

....Don't get me started on the service costs!!:nervous::nervous:

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
WRONG!.

The first Service on a Veyron costs £13,645 – and then they get more expensive. Bugatti says the bulk of the cost is labour £6000 which includes the checking of the many and complex systems on the car. Then there’s the monumental cost of replacing the Veyron’s bespoke tyres, something Bugatti insists is done every 2500 miles. They cost £6325 each and to make matters worse only Bugatti can fit them. Also all 4 wheels need to be replaced every third tyre change ( after 7500 miles tops ) and that will set you back £29,900. At least you get a 2 year warranty with a Veyron but if you want to extend it then you’ll be asked for an extra £38,000 for a year or £63,000 for 2 years. Just 4 years of ownership, 3000 miles and £275k of depreciation would cost £38.51 per mile.

Opps....We must have been typing at the same time!!:chuckle:

Yeah, just checked my EVO mag....and yeah, wrong!

friken scary prices!:puke:

·
Registered
771 Posts
WRONG!.

what a rort!
so what happens if u get a tyre blow out on the side of the road...fark it, just call in your private helicopter for quick turnaround

·
Registered
690 Posts
Still no justification for silly Nissan prices! All this nonsense about new wheels invalidating the warranty. They need to look into consumer law a bit more. They can scribble whatever they want on a warranty booklet.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I am going for some aftermarket wheels and there is no way nissan can void the waranty unless I stick something like 13" or 26" there. If they are designed for the car nissan will struggle. I my car is in for the bumpers to be repainted and I wanted the inside of the wheels painting as they are a bitch to keep clean. I was told that the tyres tear when they are removed - I have had loads of tyres pulled from wheels as I am always changing the wheels or if you have a tyre fixed or even checked.

I tend to believe the guys I am dealing with but I am struggling with the tyre story.

Kp

·
Registered
690 Posts
Is that true?.
Totally. A warranty is just a document put together by a Manufacturer. It can't change law. If it says "if you do something that increases the BHP of the car we wont pay a claim relating to the engine" then it is going to be an uphill struggle under consumer law. However, if they say "if you change anything on the car (wheels for example) we wont pay any claim relating to the engine or transmission you have a right to expect the engine to work, to be fit for its purpose. Even the suspension should work, as long as the wheels are the right size for the car.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I am going for some aftermarket wheels and there is no way nissan can void the waranty unless I stick something like 13" or 26" there. If they are designed for the car nissan will struggle. I my car is in for the bumpers to be repainted and I wanted the inside of the wheels painting as they are a bitch to keep clean. I was told that the tyres tear when they are removed - I have had loads of tyres pulled from wheels as I am always changing the wheels or if you have a tyre fixed or even checked.

I tend to believe the guys I am dealing with but I am struggling with the tyre story.

Kp
I have seen this on another thead. I think run flats cannot be removed from the wheel easily. I'm not saying it's true, just that another chap was given a similar story. I'm sure one of the tyre fitting guys will tell you the truth (if you tip them well! )

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I thought the GTR had a serrations on the rim to stop the tyre from rotating?

Perhaps these make it not possible to remove the tyres without them being damaged?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts