GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
is it possible to clean the oxygen sensors or do you just replace them??
A clean with a wire brush and some lemon juice can bring them back from the brink...

I have seen this actually work at a rolling road session in the 90's (god I must be getting on... heh). The turbo'd car actually gained a lot of power and improved the emissions too after it was cleaned and working again properly. Some people say its only tempory but it can work...

Trev

·
Registered
811 Posts
PS. you can get very cheap oxy sensors for the GT-R

Also its worth pointing out that there is a pattern part for the oxy sensors on GT-R (sorry cannot remember the details anymore, it was a long time ago, but its worth searching as they where a FRACTION of the price, something like 1/10th of the cost. You just need to keep the connector from your original sensor and switch it over). As long as the range of the oxy (lambda sensor) is the same it will work.

By the way there are 2 of them on the car. I remember this because I actuallly had them replaced at a service once when my car seemed to be drinking way too much petrol (even when I wasnt booting it).. turned out they where fouled up.

Actually happens a lot on turbo cars because they run rich to help turbo engine longevity...

Pattern numbers may even be on here from when I did it a few years ago. Hope this helps a little!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Posted way back when Mycroft frequented parts of the forum other than the RANT section ..................

Piece of advice, if you can remove your Oxygen sensor then once a year, do it, having previously bought a large lemon at your nearby Fruiterers/Supermarket earlier in the day, cut the lemon in half, and insert the tip of the probe in each of the segments for 3/5 minutes, you can with the other half cut it in slices, get a glass and while you wait for this 'mod' to do its work, pour yourself a little gin and a bit of tonic a couple of cubes of Ice, sit down, sip the drnk while you twiddle the probe in the lemon congratulating yourself at being such a cool dude improving your car this way.

·
Administrator
31,748 Posts
i might need to try this

i've been driving with my lambda's disconnected for the last 1500 miles

i'm thinking they are going to be completely foobarred. as they will be totally coked up by now i'm sure?

i think i'll be trying mycrofts method. i'll let you know how it goes

mook

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
what are the voltage ranges a good O2 sensor ought to be giving in an R32 GTR? I just noticed that one of mine reads around 1.6v consistently, while the other is at 1.0-1.1v. Ought they be the same or close to it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts