GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple really, wanting to run some bigger rear brakes to help balance out my 370mm front AP 6 pots.

Does anyone know if you can get a kit which allows you to run 370Z rear disc which are 350mm with R33 rear Brembos??

Any help would be great as I have searched high and low and keep going around and around!

Cheers

John

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
On my r33 I have an adapter from garage saurus so I'm running standard r33 brembos with 370z 350mm discs.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I'm thinking of doing this conversion! If there's a trader that can surply the brackets that would be great!
I can get the brackets made this would save the ball ache!

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm interested too, does it need anything else modification? or only those adapters to fit 370z 350mm rotor to r33 gtr?? Link to adapters?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info so far.

Bob at Zealou5 has done this conversion
Anyone have any info on the Zealou5 conversion?? Can't see anything on their website.

Also interested in the price of the Garage Saurus kit if anyone finds it out.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Sorry guys don't feel I should post on here as we aren't payed up official traders.
Hoping to become a gtroc trader again soon.
Cheers
:thumbsup:
Bob

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
Simple really, wanting to run some bigger rear brakes to help balance out my 370mm front AP 6 pots.

Does anyone know if you can get a kit which allows you to run 370Z rear disc which are 350mm with R33 rear Brembos??

Any help would be great as I have searched high and low and keep going around and around!

Cheers

John
These might help - though they are for 350z calipers not R33/34
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/93421-my-bnr32-21.html#post2057081
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/93421-my-bnr32-21.html#post2349737
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/93421-my-bnr32-22.html#post2637321
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/93421-my-bnr32-23.html#post2856009

Working very well so far. Will post a proper update in the future about perfromance/weights etc but for now they are working well little bit of pad squeal when hot but no fade and much better modulation than stock.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I was looking at making a set of brackets up as I need a new set of discs and I already have the 33 Brembos but I heard the disk weights were a bit horrendous for the one piece 370Z disks. Any one have any comparisons to the the 324mm/300mm F/R Brembo disks they could share ?

Cheers

Stu

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
I was looking at making a set of brackets up as I need a new set of discs and I already have the 33 Brembos but I heard the disk weights were a bit horrendous for the one piece 370Z disks. Any one have any comparisons to the the 324mm/300mm F/R Brembo disks they could share ?

Cheers

Stu
Rear 370z disks are about 9kg
Rear 350z disks are about 8kg

I'm sure that there are two piece rear 370z disks about which weigh closer to 7kg but they were lots of money when I looked. For the money you could probably buy one of the D2 set-ups and get the calipers and brackets for free.

One thing to bear in mind about the above is that the 350z rear disks won't fit our cars without some action to resolve the handbrake size differential.

My two piece front disks are about 2kg lighter than OEM Brembo front disks. When I get round to measuring them I'll post what's happening with the stock BNR32 set-up.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rear 370z disks are about 9kg
Rear 350z disks are about 8kg

I'm sure that there are two piece rear 370z disks about which weigh closer to 7kg but they were lots of money when I looked. For the money you could probably buy one of the D2 set-ups and get the calipers and brackets for free.

One thing to bear in mind about the above is that the 350z rear disks won't fit our cars without some action to resolve the handbrake size differential.

My two piece front disks are about 2kg lighter than OEM Brembo front disks. When I get round to measuring them I'll post what's happening with the stock BNR32 set-up.

Thanks for the info Cris. They look really good.

Hopefully sorted a solution today. Will report back once they arrive. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have designed up some brackets to do this on my car. Standard non-Brembo rear calipers with 370Z rotors. Haven't yet had the chance to get them machined up to check clearances properly so don't take the measurements as gospel, but the mock up I made fitted perfectly.

I don't have enough posts to link the images though unfortunately.

The caliper is spaced out 31mm radially. Other than that it's simple as the caliper stays at the same location offset wise for the mounts.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
I have designed up some brackets to do this on my car. Standard non-Brembo rear calipers with 370Z rotors. Haven't yet had the chance to get them machined up to check clearances properly so don't take the measurements as gospel, but the mock up I made fitted perfectly.

I don't have enough posts to link the images though unfortunately.

The caliper is spaced out 31mm radially. Other than that it's simple as the caliper stays at the same location offset wise for the mounts.
If that is for the Sumitomo (SP?) calipers (branded Nissan) then you might have problems with the disc thickness. From memory there's a 3-4mm extra thickness on the 370z disc. Worth checking if you've not already accounted for it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts