GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a nice ride up the M40 round the M25 and took some pictures of a very nice car!

Can anyone work out what car this is?? More clues later!

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well done, no pulling the wool over anyone's eyes on here!!!

Here's a couple of pictures of Jukey R with his parents! Fuggles will be posting more on the Club site later on.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
did you rope them into totb team circuit lol
All I will say at this time is - make sure you come along to TOTB this year and support the team. The club will have a stand this year.

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
they were also responsible for a 265bhp micra !
Indeed they did Brian. A 2.0L WTC Primera lump basically.
My work has done several rally car IP's for them aswell. They have quite a reputation!!
The Juke R was stunning. A cracking little piece of engineering. We were very lucky to be given so much time to spend with it before that grubby little Clarkson got his hands on it again...lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
They really couldn't have picked a more ugly car to do the transplant.Not even1000hp could sway me into buying one.:puke:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
They really couldn't have picked a more ugly car to do the transplant.Not even1000hp could sway me into buying one.:puke:
Be very honest here, among all the available Nissan model lineup in the UK, what car could be more suitable for the transplant? :p

I would say 370z but that would be a marketing nightmare. The Juke is a quirky and great idea. Have you watched the video of Fezzas and Porsches getting beat by the Juke-R? Pure class!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Be very honest here, among all the available Nissan model lineup in the UK, what car could be more suitable for the transplant? :p

I would say 370z but that would be a marketing nightmare. The Juke is a quirky and great idea. Have you watched the video of Fezzas and Porsches getting beat by the Juke-R? Pure class!
I take my hat off to the guys who managed to achieve this feat of engineering and for showing everybody that it could be done.I am sure that almost any car retrofitted with the GTR running gear and engine would put fezzas and porsches to shame but I think that the choice of platform may have been chosen in order to aid the transplant and as a project but not as a future marketable vehicle that would sell in large numbers.Maybe they should have looked at the 370 and as a roadster it could quite possibly work in Nissan's favor.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Soooooooooooo is the Juke R a GTR ? NOPE !!!

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Nope, and it's not supposed to be Steve.
Just a PR excercise in showing how exciting a small X-over car can be when played with. No different from the old Ferrari engine in a Fiat 500, or a 3.5L V8 powered mini etc etc...
People have been doing it for years. I think its a good thing that Nissan would want some feedback from a funky toy that might appeal to a different generation of young petrol heads.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
LOL, if it were human there would be uproar, I mean, fancy messing with the gene pool!

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
LOL, if it were human there would be uproar, I mean, fancy messing with the gene pool!
Indeed. Coming from Chatham i know exactly what you mean. half the population here is related and it's not pretty. However, the Juke R certainly is an impressive little beast and has great presence. It looks fantastic close up.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
LOL, the only thing in that territory which interest me would be the Bowler Wildcat, now if the Juke R could stand up against that it may get my attention.

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
LOL, the only thing in that territory which interest me would be the Bowler Wildcat, now if the Juke R could stand up against that it may get my attention.
Did you see the one at Goodwood last year. Magnificent. I reckon the Juke could run around it a bit.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Yeah, and I was foolish enough to go in it !!! Mad, Mental, Nutter machine, but loved it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts