GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, I have seen a car I will buy!

Any suggestions where to try for classic insurance?

Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
generally classics are around 20yrs + but in some cases they class Capri's and Mk1 Golfs as classics.....the GTiR will definately not be a classic....sorry!

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I thought you could insure cars 10 years old or more as classics - mine is 12yrs old and i've thought about insuring it as a classic car before now.

Maybe i'm wrong..........

Daz

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
It ultimately depends on the insurers...ie whether they will consider the GTiR a classic.....try you may find an insurer....

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Indeed - as you say - at the end of the day, it's down to the insurers....alot of cars at 10yrs can be insured as classics (i've seen it advertised), but whether they'd see the 'R as a classic....that's the question.

This is why i've only ever thought about it, and not persued it.

Daz

S

·
0 Posts
Guys

I used to insure my 300zx Twin Turbo with a bunch of mods as a classic with the insurance factory
http://www.insurancefactory.co.uk
It cost me around £350 with mods declared and not using any 'no claims bonus.'

I was so gutted when they said they couldn't negoatiate me a deal with my GTR and my premium went up 6xfold :(

Try them, I was insured though AON.

If they will do import 300zx they might do GTiR

Call 0870 200 6006

Hope this may help,

B

·
0 Posts
i really doubt that you could but you can try it's worth a shot "in life you have to take risk's and chances" i read this from my magazine penthouse how weird is that.
Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts