GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right I have 3 car's on the line up at the moment, the insurance on any Skyline is £2.2K (A-Plan wouldn't touch me & Tesco don't care GTS/GTR it's all the same!)

Option 1:
Black R33 GTS-T M, 94 £11K already imported SVA'd, will be mint car, quite a few mod's
http://www.autobaseuk.com/dealers/MAGM/MAGM010002936.jpg

Option 2:
White R33 GTS-T M, 95 £8k in souhampton, needs SVA, no mod's
http://images.ibcjapan.co.jp/2002/04/10/84375_F_large.jpeg

Option 3: (Yikes)
White R33 GTS-T M, 93/9 in japan, looks like has TTimer, kit + wheels, up for Y650000 Could get into UK for £5100, but then need to SVA e.t.c.
http://images.ibcjapan.co.jp/2002/07/13/87359_F_large.jpeg

I could of course wait and save for years until I could afford an R34GTR V, or take the gamble of buying from auction but I've ruled both of thoes out.

I know this is a bit of a Micra for thoes with the GT-R's but I'm hoping you started somewhere and might have a bit of good advise.

Thanks All,
Hoping to have Sykline next to my name soon...

Phil :D

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Have you told the insurers that you have got a quote from that there are modifications on the car you are looking at as it may end up being more.

Couldn't really help on which one to go for as I don;t know the mileage of each. Personally I would go for either the one at Southhampton or the first that has been sva'd as they look better. Just check out the mods on the first one i.e who did them, what are they, when were they done etc. You don't want it blowing up on you 3 weeks later. Apologies if it was one of the forum users cars:)

If you choose the non-sva'd one take a look at the posts on this site about the trouble some SVA inspectors cause.

Hope that helps a bit, post the mileages if you have them, people will be able to help a bit more then.

Matt

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mileages are
1:44000m
2:65300 KMS
3:60000 KMS

All are direct from Japan so finding out who did mod's is probably not going to happen (no doubt done By some 17yr old called Akira, with petrol for blood and buckets of dosh!)

I know the black one is lowered and has ttimer, 2 Fuel pumps (apparently on cut's in at higher revs (?)), and probably some other bits. (would come with 12 mth warranty also.

I did have a look on SVA info for a Skyline but couldn't find anything specific, I did see one being done on M&M the other day, a replica Cobra, looked pretty straight forward.

Phil

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
The problem with the mods wouldn't be the warranty it would be more when it fails can you get home and if so in one piece. Once you get it go and get it serviced straight away for your own piece of mind, plus if anything is knackered, or stolen by light fingered people on the ship that transports it you can get it claimed on the warranty straight away. For the sake of £100 it would be worth it.

Regarding the SVA, mail MattPayne as he SVA'd his car I think. He had to do things like ensuring that all wiring was clipped down every 12cm, shorten his exhaust etc.

The black one doesn't look bad for the mileage and wouldn;t show the dirt that much :)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I dunno, looks a bit of a wide boy car to me :) Those black wheels....

·
Registered
174 Posts
hey, the black one looks really cool... you can always get the rims re-painted for a less intimidating look though... I dunno somehow I don't really like white skylines, mine was white too until I got it repainted, coz imho, white tends to get faded and looks old.

anyway, just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The black one is the Schizne! You need the GTR rear spoiler/aerfoil whatever. Saying that the bottom one is quite tasty, but the grill isnt so good... Go for the black un, at least you know it shouldn't cost you a bomb by blowing up on you. plus you can take it for a drive and give it a proper looking over. Good luck and Have Fun!

Rob

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Considered opinion...

Option 1 - Too Dear but looks lovely :)

Others - Between option 2 and 3 you are paying nearly £3k extra for a car in Southampton, so I'd go for option 3 as its cheaper...

OR Try Option 4

Peter Humpreys GTR

At £12k its a steal and I'll buy the wheels off you if that takes you over budget ;)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I think the black one looks enuff good!!! any meaner and it would need locking up!! but it is a hell of a lot of money... id go for the one in japan, and bring it over... £5100 into this country is pretty good... then you have £6000 to fix it up!
the SVA is a mission, but isnt too bad... you just have to be a little paitent... its taken em just over a month to get mine to pass the SVA, but thats me doing all the work my self... if theres any help you need on the steps needed to legalise one of these drop me a pm... :)

one things for sure... you wont be disapointed with which ever one you get!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts