GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i could have sworn i had introduced my self on here a while back but apparently no?

Anyway as i have some time on my hands, had a minor stroke a month ago so taking it easy, i thought i would put that right but i cant find a welcome section for new members so what the hel,l here goes anyway.....

Hello all, im Mark from Rainham village in Essex and as of the end of last July i became the owner of a 1997 Nissan Stagea RSfourV :D

Im the second owner its had since it was imported by Auto BMC of Watford in 2009 and the first owner was a friend of mine even before she bought it so the history is all gooooood! had 63~K miles on the clock which is now now up to about 68k

I bought it for work but once i dumped tools in it the back went down and the front went up and it looked ridiculous and even after doing some "on the cheap" suspension alterations it just wallowed about as the shocks was past there best and so tired. So to sort out i bought a nice brand new set of BC racing coil overs and that cured all the problems in one fowl swoop.

Then to make it not look like a hover craft (wheels way to far under the car) i fitted some 35mm wheels spacers, also i have de catted the exhaust & removed the centre box which has left it with only a NISMO rear silencer, or "Nissan sport muffler" as it says on it lol, its now makes quite a nice noise but not too loud.

I have also fitted a set of uprated ign coils as it had a bit of a stutter and some new front drop links and front pads too, it now handles like a dream changing lane at motor way speed like a house fly and goes very well even on stock boost but im always thinking of raising it to about 10 or 11psi by elongating the wastegate fixing holes so it can be increased a tad with no additional controller.

Im having some issues with rear camber since lowering it so im in the market for some adjustable rear arms to sort this out, anyone got any info on these??

Anyway pic time as im sure you all want to have a look, so say hello to Anna, as in Anna Stagea :)

Ah... Dam it! cant post pics yet, still never to mind and hello everyone anyway :wavey:

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mark, get posting as you need at least 15 before you can put links up or photos. Should be pretty easy to do and then you can put up what you like. Plenty to see on here and lots of good information as well as banter along with a good helping of mickey taking.

By the way, we don't have a proper intro area but anywhere is OK.

Cheers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another Essex member, woohoo, lol.

Thank you again and yes defo on the mend. Im back to work after a month of doing nothing but still have to take it easy but thats pretty much what i did before hand, lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oops, forgot to ask where in Essex are you and are you going to the Chelmer valley, (chelmsford) meet tomoz night? if so look our for a Silver low RSfourV Stagea over with the Japmad guys and that will be Anna, il no doubt be some where near by :chuckle:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Mark,

I'm just outside Colchester so not too far off, not managed too many meets recently (got a lil'un) other than some lakeside big ones a lil while ago, and a couple of small local ones, I hear people gather up south Mimms fairly often these days too?

If I do come down I'll look out for Anna (By the way, how did you reach that name? :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Anna Stagea! lol

If you been to lakeside meets have you seen a tasty looking Blue mkiii Supra or a matt black V8 Soarer with huge Gold wheels?
Ahh that would mean you say it the proper way then :) too many say it like STA-GEE-YA!

Not seen those cars, always used to see a MKvi in silver that I loved, and other various things, not been in probably 6 months now though :rolleyes:

We are near enough to dedham yes, but going to pick up a new doggy so likely be out some of the day, PM me your number and we could see if we can cross paths at some point :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thinking about it i doubt ill have too much time on my hands as i have to hot foot it to a friends in Maldon anyway but ill be at the meet that night if you can squeeze along :chuckle:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
haha very true! I'll be getting another mk3 project one day once I've got more space - that's an itch I haven't properly scratched yet!
Still got mine, can't ever imagine selling up, it's a love hate relationship lol but that said even though I have the Stagea I think I also fancy an R33?

·
Registered
591 Posts
The stagea is your work horse really isn't it? Might as well get another fun car for the weekends!

I'd never really liked 33's until I had a look around on here and now they've grown on me quite a lot. You can't really go wrong with any GTR to be fair!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts