GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting my whole well job lot subframes and suspension etc powder coated but can't make mind up to what colour

The car will be Yellow or Red once finished what sort of colour should i do the frames etc ?? Some thing funky like the Japanese do??

Any ideas

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
If you cant make up your mind on the car colour, you will find it difficult to make your mind on the subframes.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
A yellow car attracts flies, a red car fades easily in sunlight. Maybe modern paints are more resistant to fade but if I was painting the whole car I would go for sparkling silver.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
A yellow car attracts flies, a red car fades easily in sunlight. Maybe modern paints are more resistant to fade but if I was painting the whole car I would go for sparkling silver.
Not all reds fade. Yellow fades too .

If it was me I'd pick sparkling silver.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Getting my whole well job lot subframes and suspension etc powder coated but can't make mind up to what colour

The car will be Yellow or Red once finished what sort of colour should i do the frames etc ?? Some thing funky like the Japanese do??

Any ideas
Must of the underside of the car will be black. The car will be a birght colour with the red or yellow. Either of those colours on black will stand out. I suspect the car would look more homogenous with a single colour scheme.

If you want a contrast colour then a pale blue like the blue used by Gulf Racing:

Or perhaps a mint green:

You'd have to be pretty brave for either of the above!

White is also possible but I'll bet you'll spend forever cleaning it.

I did my suspension arms red but I've haven't gone as far as subframes...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Must of the underside of the car will be black. The car will be a birght colour with the red or yellow. Either of those colours on black will stand out. I suspect the car would look more homogenous with a single colour scheme.

If you want a contrast colour then a pale blue like the blue used by Gulf Racing:

Or perhaps a mint green:

You'd have to be pretty brave for either of the above!

White is also possible but I'll bet you'll spend forever cleaning it.

I did my suspension arms red but I've haven't gone as far as subframes...

The underside once stonechip is on a was going to put a layer of silver paint on

That 350Z looks nice !

Thanks Cris

1 - 20 of 23 Posts