GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The key doesn't seem to be doing the trick, and the release lever up front doesn't either. When I picked the car up (R33 GTR) the guy opened the boot so there didn't seem to be a problem. The inspection that I had done on the car did state that the central locking didn't activate the boot and the release lever didn't work. Funny thing is, when sat in the car if you push the release lever down, you do hear a noise from the boot. Hmmm....

·
Registered
498 Posts
Looks like you may have to get the spanners out and remove the rear seats,you then have to remove a panel and you can then see into the boot.You have to release the locking catch and can do this with a broom handle but will probably need something thinner like a nail to fit inside the lock mech..
If that does not work then you may need to drill the lock..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
COLONEL_SMITH said:
Looks like you may have to get the spanners out and remove the rear seats,you then have to remove a panel and you can then see into the boot.You have to release the locking catch and can do this with a broom handle but will probably need something thinner like a nail to fit inside the lock mech..
If that does not work then you may need to drill the lock..
Ah, wick-ked... :(

·
Registered
81 Posts
It could be the lever has been disabled. There is a little lever on the lock in the boot which disables the in car lever. If that's been knocked by mistake it'll stop the lever from working.

If the key isn't working either you've got a fun job on your hands. The only way short of breaking the lock is to remove rear seats & backs, remove access plate cover from back. This will give you a little access to the boot area. What you need to do find something long enough to activate the lock from inside the boot. Unfortunatley it's really awkward and took me a good half hour of fiddlinig to get it open.

I used 4 long socket extensions and they were just long enough to catch the latch. This was after loosing several other tools into the boot when I dropped them.

Once open play around with the lock, you'll see the latch which enables and disables the in car handle once its open.

I fitted a solenoid to the tailgate part of the boot and wired it into my alarm so I wouldn't have the problem again.

Keith

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ISJ said:
err pull the lever up to open the boot

lol is your petrol cap open per chance????
Couldn't remember without looking whether it was push down or pull up! Whatever it is, thats what I was doing and it didn't work!!

I REALLY don't want to have to take the rear seats out!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
It is a pretty easy job to do getting access to the boot,4 bolts hold the seats in and I think it was 4 or 6 bolts on the panel..Need a bit of hand eye coordination to flick the catch up but I did it after a 2 or 3 attemps..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right, its open - phew.

But before I close it again, where's this lever that disables the "in car lever"? On the boot or the boot lid? I've seen one on the lock inside the boot - should it be up or down??

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ISJ said:
how did you get it open ??
The thought of having to remove the rear seats gave me the enthusiasm to persevere. The key seemed to be working but the boot would not lift. So I pulled a bit harder and it opened.

What would be causing it to stick? Dry locks?? Should I sling a bit of multipurpose down there??

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
The thought of having to remove the rear seats gave me the enthusiasm to persevere. The key seemed to be working but the boot would not lift. So I pulled a bit harder and it opened.

What would be causing it to stick? Dry locks?? Should I sling a bit of multipurpose down there??
Had a similar problem with mine, had to adjust the catch as it was fouling;)

Hope that help's,

Dave.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just love these forums!!

Thanks guys - all sorted. Put the release lever in the up position now the "in car" release works too!!

Cheers guys. :D :D :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts