GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since going stage 2 I can't seem to rev the car over 4k rpm when in P or N... is this normal?

I can't help but think I'm doing something really wrong here, since stage 2 I've noticed zero difference in the power.. I had a few pulls against an R8 v10 plus which is same power as stock 2013 GTR, and there was nothing in it, literally nothing.

I can't seem to do the rolling launch either, it says put it in cruise control, set the speed, which i do, but then if i put my foot down it just accelerates?

I read that in the 95 97 99 maps you get different "max boosts" but doesnt matter what mode i put it in it still lets me put it at the same boost level? is that normal? even if you can move it all way round to say 1.8 in 95 map does it not actually apply that kind of boost

its a litchfiled stage 2

·
Registered
157 Posts
Set cruise control at any speed and when you accelerate it should feel like ur pulling off with the hand break on, kind of growls and if ur on boost gauge u will see it build

Max boost should be different in the maps, mine is stage 1, when the boost gauge is up toggle the switch on the steering wheel and it will alter the boost, so u can alter it while moving up an down in any map setting.

No dowt in my mind my stage one would pull on a mk1 v10 plus, the new one id expect the audi faster

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I can't seem to do the rolling launch either, it says put it in cruise control, set the speed, which i do, but then if i put my foot down it just accelerates?
Everything else sounds normal, but rolling launch probably has to be in R mode, or some other aspect?

I had stage 2 on my previous Gtr and rolling launch was as you describe, but I think some people complained that they wanted to use the throttle pedal in Cruise mode, so the new rolling launch was revised to include some other aspect, can't remember exactly what though unfort.

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Since going stage 2 I can't seem to rev the car over 4k rpm when in P or N... is this normal?

I can't help but think I'm doing something really wrong here, since stage 2 I've noticed zero difference in the power.. I had a few pulls against an R8 v10 plus which is same power as stock 2013 GTR, and there was nothing in it, literally nothing.

I read that in the 95 97 99 maps you get different "max boosts" but doesnt matter what mode i put it in it still lets me put it at the same boost level? is that normal? even if you can move it all way round to say 1.8 in 95 map does it not actually apply that kind of boost

its a litchfiled stage 2
Why would you want 4000 revs or more when in Park?

·
Vendor
6,303 Posts
If you have the pops and bangs map and are trying to get it to do that then maybe you have got it in the wrong settings because that map is designed to go over 4k revs when in P or N. for the pops and bangs map it needs to be in 95map with all the R modes in red and then you rev up and press the cancel button on the steering wheel as revving up and it then pops and bangs.

·
Vendor
6,303 Posts
If you want to rev over 4K rpm because you have pops and bangs and want to scare the shot out of everyone at McDonald's I'd suggest selling the car and buying a corsa :p
Na only problem is that more than likely the corsa will go bang instead... Lol

·
Registered
615 Posts

its a litchfiled stage 2
It's to stop over reving, why would you want to rev the bolloX off it in n or P

·
Ooo Matron !
2,120 Posts
It does cause problems mind you.

I've had "go on, rev it mate" shouted at me whilst pootling along in town traffic on more than on occasion. Things are so much simpler in a manual; dip the clutch and whack the accelerator !

·
Registered
157 Posts

I've had "go on, rev it mate" shouted at me whilst pootling along in town traffic on more than on occasion. Things are so much simpler in a manual; dip the clutch and whack the accelerator !
Just slip into N while moving an blip the throttle, wait for revs to drop and slip it back, u'll rev to red line if you want

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Ye that was one thing that prompted it at the weekend lol
But the track day thing is also true they normally ask for higher RPM. If I say I can't do it not sure that'll fly with them

I'll speak to Sly next week when car goes in for service

Also I don't think I have pops and bang map?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Pop's and bangs will be hardly noticed at stage 2 you need to remove downpipes if that's your goal ?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts

Just slip into N while moving an blip the throttle, wait for revs to drop and slip it back, u'll rev to red line if you want
Are there no issues with damaging the box if putting into neutral while moving to rev it up and then going back into drive while still moving?
Or does the car just select the appropriate gear to match what speed you are doing?
Never tried it in an auto.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts