GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a bumpy 18 months, especially the last few. The day of collection finally arrived, the guys at Nissan Westway, (Oxford) pulling out all the stops and more this week.

Would like to thank publically Melanie for organising stuff yesterday and Ollie for a very professional handover and a very thorough brief about the car, its capabilities and issues I need to be aware of. Thanks to you both.

First impressions are very favourable as I hadn't driven a GT-R before (my wife had). Was really surprised on the physical size of the thing and may have to consider parking sensors. I now know why people have made comments about B-road driving.

The performance even complying with the running in schedule is utterly unbelievable. Road holding, handling are all in excess of my expectations.

And I believe the wait for the Satnav car was the right one - the toys on offer with this system is mind blowing (after sampling BMW's for the last 3 years).

• SatNav
  • Standard Display
  • Integrated DVD player
  • Ability to store and name the tracks of CD.s
  • Ipod Integration ect

Now like others I'll get those 1200 miles done very soon.

Will upload pictures soon of the Grey Premium Black Edition soonest.

Signed: A very happy Jerry (Wildrover).

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
See the thread has been moved from ordering.

MODS: Read the note under the ordering thread it says the following: Nissan R35 GTR discussions about the ordering process, dealer network, deposits, specifications and, if you're lucky enough, new arrivals!

Maybe wise to revise the remark or not move the thread - Mods. :D

Oh, and just looked through the literature with the car - isn't there a huge amount? Even something from this website. ;)

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Jerry - there's definitely a lot of reading!!!

Also the updated MFD manual will get posted out when it arrives. But the thing is brilliant :D

Enjoy!! :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Picked my GTR up from Westway too :)

Apart from running her in ive been playing with the Music box functions e.g. copying some old CDs I like a lot, and some copy over with Album Title and all the Track titles so job all done within about 5/6 minutes, wheras others do not copy any info over only the music and numbers for all the tracks, but the system is simplicity itself to use wherby you can overright all the numbers with the Album & Track titles manually :clap: I apprecaite this is old news for some of you but this for me is a step up from what im used to with ICE and like I say its so easy to use and without reading a manual .....lol :clap:

Oh and it plays DVDs .....so cool :clap: watched some of AVP at night sitting on my drive .... turned it off because I got spooked with the sound and all :chuckle:

As for the rest of the Car its just quality which im so pleased with :clap: and as previously stated by others on here the attention and looks this car gets :clap: actually makes me smile with some who just gawp with open mouths :chuckle:

CJ

·
Registered
968 Posts
Picked my GTR up from Westway too :)

Apart from running her in ive been playing with the Music box functions e.g. copying some old CDs I like a lot, and some copy over with Album Title and all the Track titles so job all done within about 5/6 minutes, wheras others do not copy any info over only the music and numbers for all the tracks, but the system is simplicity itself to use wherby you can overright all the numbers with the Album & Track titles manually :clap: I apprecaite this is old news for some of you but this for me is a step up from what im used to with ICE and like I say its so easy to use and without reading a manual .....lol :clap:

Oh and it plays DVDs .....so cool :clap: watched some of AVP at night sitting on my drive .... turned it off because I got spooked with the sound and all :chuckle:

As for the rest of the Car its just quality which im so pleased with :clap: and as previously stated by others on here the attention and looks this car gets :clap: actually makes me smile with some who just gawp with open mouths :chuckle:

CJ
Do you actually also like to drive your car? That was the most amazing bit to me actually, maybe a bit old fashioned...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Drive the car :nervous: ......lol ...... loving every minute :clap: its the complete package in every way .....for me anyway :clap:

·
Banned
52 Posts
Not a GTR owner (yet).... but I picked my Evo 8 MR FQ400 from Westway too a couple months back. Previous owner traded it in for GTR. Anyones off here?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Oh and it plays DVDs
Really! Picking mine up next Monday! What shall I watch on the way home (well in the petrol station as I presume it won't work when moving?) ...
... perhaps a "classic" from my youth ... Blues Brothers or Bullitt?! Car scenes a must! :cool:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Not a GTR owner (yet).... but I picked my Evo 8 MR FQ400 from Westway too a couple months back. Previous owner traded it in for GTR. Anyones off here?
Not me ...But sold my Black Evo 1X FQ360 privately .... What a car :clap::thumbsup: Enjoy mate ...I know you will :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Really! Picking mine up next Monday! What shall I watch on the way home (well in the petrol station as I presume it won't work when moving?) ...
... perhaps a "classic" from my youth ... Blues Brothers or Bullitt?! Car scenes a must! :cool:
You are correct :thumbsup: The DVD Movie stops once you release the handbrake ... I just had to try it ...lol

Enjoy mate .... I am :thumbsup: I love this car :clap:

·
Registered
535 Posts
I assume you're pleased with the Storm White?! After MUCH deliberation I went for the white too.
The Storm White is Beautiful :thumbsup: In sunlight it is Blinding I kid you not :thumbsup: and at Night under lights it does a Mother of Pearl thingy which is also very special :thumbsup: I chose White from day one and it only got better during my wait with the changes Nissan made to the White :thumbsup: You will not be dissapointed :D

On the Road she causes distraction everywhere and im sure in part this is due to the colour which makes the GTR look bigger :clap:

Colour difference between Bumpers and body work Insignificant .... Far better than most manufacturers :thumbsup:

CJ

·
Registered
300 Posts
i am so pissed we don't have dvd ... :)

Would've made the pit stops easier.

ps i'm kidding...refill...start..and go !

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Storm White is Beautiful :thumbsup: In sunlight it is Blinding I kid you not :thumbsup: and at Night under lights it does a Mother of Pearl thingy which is also very special :thumbsup: I chose White from day one and it only got better during my wait with the changes Nissan made to the White :thumbsup: You will not be dissapointed :D

On the Road she causes distraction everywhere and im sure in part this is due to the colour which makes the GTR look bigger :clap:

Colour difference between Bumpers and body work Insignificant .... Far better than most manufacturers :thumbsup:

CJ
:clap::clap::clap:

Thanks mate! Can't wait!?!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rev Noise, Sat Nav All is great but...

Picked up the new Black SAV car on Friday 9th Oct. THe car is truly amazing can not wait until the first 1200miles is over.

But

1. had parking sensors fitted, when in reverse the car bleeps and the rev sensor bleep, can this be switched off?,
2. Sat nav put my home post code in and the sat nav did not find it anyone have same problems? Anyone know how soon manual will be issued.

Just going to try a DVD.

Black Dog.
PS
Anyone in Northants / Beds area want to meet

1 - 18 of 18 Posts