GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me again,
Could anyone tell me if to change the original head unit on a R32 gts is fairly straight forward. I know that the aerial is located in the windscreen, so would the aerial plug have to be changed?. Also would the speakers have to be uprated?. any help is welcome.

PaulP. :)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
stereoooooooos

I swapped the head unit just after I got my R32 with a single cd head unit out of my sunny. It had an Alpine cassette unit in there originally but I didn't come across any probs, aerial plugged straight in etc.

As for speakers... how long have you got? how far do you wanna go? and how much money do you wanna spend?

Luke

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Audio

Luke,
Appreciate the help, Regarding the speakers, would the original speakers be able to handle the extra power output?, Does the R32 GTR have the aerial in the windscreen also?. The original cassette player was on 15watts per channel.

PaulP.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Audio

Paul

R32 has aerial in the windscreen too.

Personally as for speakers (havn't replaced mine as already had different ones in) i'd measure what size they are and go through the back of Max Pants and check out what deals are on offer. If your putting in a Cd headunit or disc changer your gonna notice an improvement anyway but to get a decent sound you don't need to spend mega bucks on amps etc. But would recommend sticking some different ones in as you will probably find the standard speakers won't hold much base and may be a bit tinny.

Luke (i'm no expert just know what sounds good)

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Audio

Luke,
Thanks again, Do you know anything about an Amp that is located under the back parcel shelf!!!. There is a small black box between the rear speakers, any idea what this is?.

PaulP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts