GTR Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I presume it is a different matter if you have the plug and play remote start feature? Can the car be accidentally started from in the house? That would not be too good if you did that before bed and had a nice big long lie in !
No remote start feature....bit pointless IMHO.

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
A few things.

The cobra is the tracker, so Cat1 is incorrect. Cat 1 relates to the alarm system.

I think the stock alarm is cat 1 but don't know that it's made by cobra. Cat 1 systems have to passive arm the immobiliser for cat 1 certification, typically on these alarms passive arming and passing locking are optional. The latter being dangerous if you accidentally leave your keys in the car. Thankfully the stock nissan doesn't let you lock the keys in the car, but then I am not sure you can reconfigure the alarm to passive lock anyway.

Re the remote start, they are timer set to a max of 15 mins and if you don't have the genuine key on you and you open touch the brake to engage gear, the car switches off immediately.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Sorry to hear that Perrin. I'm in Preston also and we've had a couple of instances recently of cars being broken into down our street. The police were after looking at my CCTV footage the other night. Apparently there are some travellers setup near catforth recently which apparently are causing problems to the area :(

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Sorry to hear that Perrin. I'm in Preston also and we've had a couple of instances recently of cars being broken into down our street. The police were after looking at my CCTV footage the other night. Apparently there are some travellers setup near catforth recently which apparently are causing problems to the area :(
For travellers read s*itbags.

·
Registered
37 Posts
A few things.

The cobra is the tracker, so Cat1 is incorrect. Cat 1 relates to the alarm system.

I think the stock alarm is cat 1 but don't know that it's made by cobra. Cat 1 systems have to passive arm the immobiliser for cat 1 certification, typically on these alarms passive arming and passing locking are optional. The latter being dangerous if you accidentally leave your keys in the car. Thankfully the stock nissan doesn't let you lock the keys in the car, but then I am not sure you can reconfigure the alarm to passive lock anyway.

Re the remote start, they are timer set to a max of 15 mins and if you don't have the genuine key on you and you open touch the brake to engage gear, the car switches off immediately.
How can this happen without first openeing the door? My car locks itself if i unlock it and dont open the door. It is impossible to accidentally leave your keys in the car if your not in it in the first place.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts