GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just got in tonight to find the metro (which had been suspiciously parked accross the road from me, and not moved for a week or so) had been burnt out. Apparently lots exploded too... By the looks of it bits of metro are scattered around the street and hit various cars :(

Fortunately I was out in my car and our other 2 weren't hit by anything, but I can see some of the neighbours cars have been :(

The firebrigade suggested it was likely to be started by bored kids...

I'm slightly worried now, because if I had the skyline then it would have be parked about 20 yards from the spot of burnout. Then again, I've never had this happen before in the area, its not inner city, or council estate etc. Infact its mostly OAP's and I've not heard many stories of the over 65's setting fire to cars... I don't have a garage (just off street parking, and that wouldn't have offered any protection from debris :(

Its got me thinking about moving though, a garage would be better for car safety, then again I'd need quite a big one if I keep on accumulating cars

·
Registered
961 Posts
hire a sniper !

i am keen and cheap!:D

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
GU5I 80Y said:
hire a sniper !

i am keen and cheap!:D
Me too... I kill Estate kids for food:D... If ya pay me more i will make it painfull too...

Where i am now is fine but i used to live on an estate... What a nightmare! I was worried about my Sierra...

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ZXSpectrum said:

Me too... I kill Estate kids for food:D... If ya pay me more i will make it painfull too...
I may yet take you up on that, do you charge per kid? Can I get a bulk discount if you take them all out :D ;)

The worrying thing is it really not an estate of any sort (ie completely random selection of houses of houses, mine is a 3/4 storey victorian terrace, but also on the street there are bungalows, modern and 30's semi's and some detached), and I'm no where near the 'dodgy' bits of Bristol (being about 5 miles from the centre).

In the light of day the street looks a bit of a mess, there is a wrecked supermarket trolley by the car... I hope the mess gets moved soon, but its unlikely...

·
Registered
64 Posts
street parking

If you buy a skyline and intend to keep it parked on the street,the insurance company will take great joy in telling you to fit the top thatcham alarm, immobiliser, and tracker system.
AND THEY WILL STILL STING YOU BADLY !!!!
check it out...............neil:)

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Do what i have done in the past...

If the police/council do not move it soon, if it still has wheels and a handbrake, just go out in the middle of the night let the handbrake off, wheel it into the middle of the road and snap the handbrake cable... Just blame it on the kids when you call the old bill and they are obliged to move it as it has become a obstruction and a danger...;)

Trust me works like a charm, it will be gone in no time...

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, used to insurance fun, had a modified imported impreza up until I put a deposit on the GTR I got let down on... The main problem wasn't the actual quotes, just the limited number people who would quote.

Insurance without a garage didn't ever make that much difference to be honest. Its the lowest rated postcode type (group 1 area apparently, I used to live a group 5 area, and got about 30% of my premium back the year I moved...) which helps matters

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure how easy its going to be to move, the car is in pieces and the tyres exploded :eek: But I'll call the council tomorrow. Fortunately head of neighbourhood watch in the area live next door but one, I've got her on the case now, she likes sorting things like this out to keep her busy (honestly).

Failing that I'll get a sniper :D

·
Registered
961 Posts
4 th storey ,great a view
just feed me and give me bullitts and iam yours
ohh and the accasonal ride :D

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
An Update...

The car was moved on Tuesday, which is refreshingly quick - impressed.

And then last night the police were sat outside my house in a patrol car and driving around the area. Much better, I don't think I've ever seen police in patrolling the local area before (odd considering South Gloucestershire's main Police Station is only a few hundred yards away).

Anyway I was pleased to see the police doing their job and that everything was shifted quickly...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts