GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted you all to know I have thrown away all my B&Q sponges and I now have two colour coded buckets. I have taken delivery of an amazing kit of potion’s and compounds from Serious Performance along with brushes, pads and towels like you’d get in a very posh hotel. All this stuff can’t be for cleaning the car, can it?

So, there I am sifting through my new box of goodies trying to work out what does what to what… and in comes the wife, picks up the receipt and says “WHAT….?”. Loud “discussion” follows and it’s settled like this:

She spends a small fortune on Clarins, Channel and various other potions for her bodywork. I buy a somewhat smaller and cheaper set of tools and potions from Serious Performance. It’s a yin and yang thing. One of life’s balances… anyway she backs down.

Now when she goes to the Spa I go to the Spa track… or other track day as I might see fit of course.

I thought this… but didn’t have the guts to say… “So, Honey, who’s bodywork is going to be in better condition do you think after 5 years”. Christ I hope she never finds this forum!

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Women can be dangerous! haha..

Clean cars rock by the way and I hope amongst your SP collection is the uber plush drying towel.. :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
man you should edit that lol

thank god i don't baby mine like that ...

·
Registered
167 Posts
'I thought this… but didn’t have the guts to say… “So, Honey, who’s bodywork is going to be in better condition do you think after 5 years”. Christ I hope she never finds this forum!'

Sadly I recognised too late in that my petrolhead tendencies of changing my car ahem often and marriage are infact the same - except chaning the car is considerably cheaper and quicker :thumbsup:

I do recognise the 'HOW MUCH' conversation - the only one I can claim significant advantage from was a water softner, along the lines of better for the skin/hair/ easier to wash etc, but the back of the mind - no streaks on the car :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hahaha, my wife hasnt had the chance to see me clean my car properly yet. I've been neglecting my current for a while now, but will eventually get to my stupid long cleaning regime, at least 6 hours. But I think its been so long that I might have to spend the whole weekend on it, she just think's I'm a bit loopy

·
Registered
303 Posts
Anyone that still uses a sponge on their car should be shot........

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone that still uses a sponge on their car should be shot........
are we still allowed the use a sponge on our wife? If I shove it in her mouth it might shut her up!! :D

·
Registered
634 Posts
thank god i don't baby mine like that ...
I agree - I never baby my wife either . . . . but my cars has just had a nice coat of wax.

You gotta love SPs website of sweet smelling car make up.

Kp

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
A sponge is also handy for wiping up the shit that spews out of their mouths. :chuckle:
Not in my house.

I have to use a VAX.......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts