GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst my garage is being DIY renovated by my parents, I'm going to have to leave the R33 outside on my drive for the next few months which means rain/potential frost as entering the winter period soon.

Does anyone have any opinions on car covers? I've read some pretty negative remarks in the past about them causing scratches and that a lot of them don't really provide any protection against freezing temperatures and water.

If anyone can recommend a good cover, that would be really good; I don't mind paying for good quality.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even a good cover? I can't imagine frosty mornings being too good for a race car. It will be garaged soon but due to the time of year, leaves falling off trees etc, I'm still just a bit concerned.

Could you let me know your reasoning? :)

·
Administrator
31,883 Posts
Dust will always get between the cover and the paintwork and scratch it. If the paint isn't your concern then the classic additions covers are good.

·
549 Posts
Dust will get blown under your cover anyway, then it will get rubbed into your shiny paintwork :)
Simple advice is don't use it, they're only good in garage to keep dust off so your pride and joy is always spotless when you come back to it after a week or so ;)

Btw, cover offers no protection from frost and there's no need to do so anyway

1 - 8 of 8 Posts