GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the GTROC cover for my R35.

It's fits well, i'm coming to grips with the clips, although i think they clips could have been put on the other way round so that they tighten easier.

But the point that i'm really struggling with is how to get the middle two straps under car without getting covered in mud? (i have grass either side of my drive)

Does anybody have any hints or tips?

I got in after taking my 13 year old neighbour out for a wee spin (he knows more about the car than i do and brought round Evo, the one with the GTR v Veyron, about 20 mins ago! He was still grinning :D), and had the cover and front and rear straps on in 2mins. But the middle straps......no idea how to do that without getting changed and rolling around my drive.

All help appreciated.

Ta

·
Registered
203 Posts
A few years ago I had a cover for my Ultima which was very low on the ground and therefore difficult to pass straps under so I tied some lengths of string to the straps and attached an old tennis ball to the string. I then just used to throw the ball under the car and pick it up the other side and do up the fastening. Not sure if this would work in your case!

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few years ago I had a cover for my Ultima which was very low on the ground and therefore difficult to pass straps under so I tied some lengths of string to the straps and attached an old tennis ball to the string. I then just used to throw the ball under the car and pick it up the other side and do up the fastening. Not sure if this would work in your case!
I was thinking about the tennis ball idea, but i hadn't thought about the string to attach it to the straps to make it easier to throw it under!

We have a winner i think :clap:

Thank you very much! ::bowdown1:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have attached very small weights to the end with strap and throw it under, with a bit of practise it is very easy. It should take a few minutes to fit the cover. The clips also come loose in strong wind so I have put a knot in the strap so it doesn't move.

I have also found the cover marks the car a lot and it has to be cleaned before putting the cover on. I have thought about putting something else under the cover so any ideas welcome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the GTROC cover for my R35.

It's fits well, i'm coming to grips with the clips, although i think they clips could have been put on the other way round so that they tighten easier.

But the point that i'm really struggling with is how to get the middle two straps under car without getting covered in mud? (i have grass either side of my drive)

Does anybody have any hints or tips?

Ta
Hi Ian, What to do is drive over some string you have layed out on the grass and drive over the top of it and then connect one end to the strap and pull through:cool:

I am working on your instructions:clap:

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Ian, What to do is drive over some string you have layed out on the grass and drive over the top of it and then connect one end to the strap and pull through:cool:

I am working on your instructions:clap:
Simplest answers are always the best :D

To evolve this idea (well the tennis ball idea first) I'm thinking of getting some carabinas (sp?) which can weigh the string down and also be used for quickly attaching and detaching from the straps :D

Sunny in Glasgow. Will be going for a blast after the Old Firm game. Try and get closer to 1200miles! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts