GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to fill my car with fuel and on the way home under lightish aceleration it became slightly rough hesatated then lost all power.

Rolled to a stop and started it again it was a little rough them with some reving cleared its self and seems fine now although there is a slight misfire rough kind of noise when you lightly rev it.

Whats the most likely problems it could be?????

It's a GTR32 running round 550bhp

Just tyipical only just got the car and am on hols so kind of hopeing to get some fun out of it before i'm back to work

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Optimax as I always used in my last 1

It has been set up by Abbey so def no probs there

Checked the earth straps and took it out for another short run. Still the same if not a bit worse it has a definate miss and is starting to sound rough if you just build the rev up slowly.

Going to have a look at the plugs when it cools down a bit and get some new 1's ordered today.

Any sujestions on the most suited to a car runing this kind of power??

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Changed plugs this morning but the 1's that came out looked fine and car is still running the same.

Away to take the bumper off this after noon and have a good look over it all.

If a hose is off would it not run at all??

The car still runs just slightly rough but when driving it cuts out now and again but starts and come ok no problem

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
BOVs??

erm... is it boosting fine? or does the boost jump all over the place with the roughness of the engine?

Did you run it almost out of fuel before you filled it up?

I dont know if it works on GTRs but I used to reset the ECU on my GT4 by pulling the ECU fuse out...

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
No then this is a long shot but maybe worth a try after all else fails

A friends evo after filling up went a bit well alot lumpy, after doing everything else we though hmmm petrol. dropped the tank and aload of water in there from a rotten filler pipe

·
Registered
345 Posts
You may want to have a good look at the wiring to your injectors. I had a similar problem to you, turned out to be a broken wire going into the injector plug. Because it broke in the plug, it was making/breaking the connection thus causing the slight rough running.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
My AFM needed to be changed....very lumpy, spluttering...I wouldn't wait, get it sorted

The AFM died on me on the motorway lost power overtaking a lorry....not fun!

Claire

1 - 17 of 17 Posts