GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the car for a drive yesterday, let it warm up as always, joined the motorway and put my foot down, fine. Put my foot down to overtake started accelerating fine and then it was almost like the car cut out and then carried on. It done this a few further times under full throttle. At lower speeds no problem. Is it something fuel related (new fuel pump maybe)?

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dont get me wrong it did use to have awful misfire lol! But the splitifires sorted it out. I was thinking more along the lines of the fuel pump maxing out (still the standard oem pump). Its almost like the ecu kicks in and says wo what are you doing, cuts power and then lets me carry on.

·
Super Moderator
16,161 Posts
I had this for a while, replaced plugs, put in splitfires, coil loom, AFMs.... Eventually it was traced to my lambda sensors. The easy test is to unplug them then run and see if it clears it.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
could be afms or even as simple as a boost pipe leak.
when my afms started playing up it would tend to surge when cruising at a certain speed. when a boost pipe split i could drive around fine but when going to floor it it would hesistate, miss fire etc.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its basically an ecr33 (auto) running standard stage 1 mods, apexi filter, decat, cat back, I/C, splitfires, boost controller (0.85) and an ecu remap (331bhp).

Please excuse my ignorance but where abouts is the lambada sensor located and what data does it read?

I will give the AFM a clean. Thank you for everyones input, its appreciated.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
lambdas measure air/fuel ratio when cruising on the highway to try to maintain a 14.7:1 ratio.

You will need a fuel pressure gauge to see if you have fueling problems. If your fuel pump breaks while under boost, you may blow the entire engine. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's possible. Happened to me actually, and six melted pistons = a very expensive repair bill.

If it happens under boost only...boost leak or ignition problem.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
haha look in your exhaust, it is the thing stuck in it ;) (well saying that there should be 2 )

will be near the turbo elbows/downpipe

mine had the same issue and was a dodgy afm. only found out what it was when i ran the sensor diagnostic on the power fc and the voltage dropped on the faulty afm when cutting out.

took me ages to figure it out!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
you should be able to see atleast one from the rear turbo, if you look at the rear of the passenger side, will be a plug with a black cable on it sticking out of the elbow.

i only remember as i have one of mine unplugged for my map.

cheers mate, it is a beaut :) i have only heard of a couple in the uk, want to buy it? haha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts