GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I was driving back home from work tonight and my car died as I was pulling up to some lights.

The car now won't start and I haven't a clue what it is.

I took a video of the sound it makes as I'm trying to start it.

Click here for a video

Any help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
sounds like no compression
cambelt slipped/broken!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply so late in the day. I popped the bonnet and Cambelt was on. It's a HKS cambelt that was fitted less than 2000 miles ago

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
was it going round?
have you got standard turbos?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing was happen as far as I know, just that noise. I got full battery, I saw on FC commander it was fine.

I have standard turbos with steel internals

·
Registered
325 Posts
You didn't answer the question, was the cam belt going around and is it tensioned or slack? (as in a collapsed idler bearing)
No compression…….bent valves………sounds like a cam belt problem either way.

·
Vendor
12,597 Posts
We agree with Ron on this, if the belts there its possibly jumped. maybe the tensioner has failed? Where are you at?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
oh edd that does not sound good mate, i thought the car had went to car heaven..

Why dont you speak to garage who did timing belt ?

Sounds like somethings failed mate

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply guys! I couldn't check if it was turning as it broke down away from home. I'm gonna get it towed now and see what's happening with it.

Jurgen, yeah I got another shell and put the engine on from crashed lol

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
It does sound compression related. Cambelt if you have reversioned your turbine thought your head and not known.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just got it on a tow truck to safety. Got the key to turn it while I looked. Can belt till there. Some weird marks on it and it is very loose so looks as if the tensioner is broke! That's for the replays guys. Right on the money first time!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I just got it on a tow truck to safety. Got the key to turn it while I looked. Can belt till there. Some weird marks on it and it is very loose so looks as if the tensioner is broke! That's for the replays guys. Right on the money first time!
nightmare mate ;(

did you fit new tensioners when you got the HKS belt done ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts