GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have attached a photo of the dyno print out which was with the car when I bought it, I have also attached one from a few weeks ago when I sent the car over to have v8 live mapping.
I asked the guys to organize map 2, 97 ron as we dont gave 99.
The car has came back with more horses but less torque.
The car is by no means slow but it feels less responsive and less eager to really dig in and go. The car was away for near two weeks and then another 10 days getting wrapped so I should be loving it .
I've emailed and left messages to query this with Litchfields but I'm getting the impression unless you're a huge spender you are just a number.
Any ideas?
Might consider letting JM do the work from now on. Its not cheap sending over to mainland like.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
They're busy is all. Can be frustrating at times so I'd just give them a call and talk over what else, if anything changed. Can see you've dropped a bit of mid range there but not loads and the map will be safe and should be driving nicely.

If you have the Bluetooth dongle then you could pull a log and send across to them for a look and may slight tweak.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
This is a common issue with most if not all Litchfield cars.
Unless you emphasise you want what you’re sold (stage 1,2,3,4 etc) it would seem they detune them to help with reliability.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're busy is all. Can be frustrating at times so I'd just give them a call and talk over what else, if anything changed. Can see you've dropped a bit of mid range there but not loads and the map will be safe and should be driving nicely.

If you have the Bluetooth dongle then you could pull a log and send across to them for a look and may slight tweak.
Yeah I've the dongle here mate, I put in some of that pro boost I mentioned before, not much difference with map 2 but map3 99ron was sharp BUT young lad at Litchfields said the new mapping didnt effect map3. Confusing hell out of me. Few times I've spoke to Litchfield its as though I'm a pain in the hole to them

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a common issue with most if not all Litchfield cars.
Unless you emphasise you want what you’re sold (stage 1,2,3,4 etc) it would seem they detune them to help with reliability.
Thing is they know I've a forged engine which they built and oil cooler etc so very strange

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I'd run fuel through the car so no booster in the tank or any of the old fuel in there. Then fill up and pull a log and send it across. Tell them to boost as much torque as reasonable. This will be on your fuel and on road map. They will add back in what's available.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Once that's running nice. Get whatever octane booster you trust (I can't vouch for the one you've got), then put just under whatever dosage you would be happy to run on a regular basis into the tank and do another log for them. Get them to add this as map slot 4 (or whatever suits).

Then when you want a bit more poke than your local petrol allows you just repeat the dosage making sure there is atleast as much, or ideally a bit more of the octane booster than there was when it was mapped.

Generally speaking the mapping / logging process with Litchfield (via Dan) is very quick and efficient.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Once that's running nice. Get whatever octane booster you trust (I can't vouch for the one you've got), then put just under whatever dosage you would be happy to run on a regular basis into the tank and do another log for them. Get them to add this as map slot 4 (or whatever suits).

Then when you want a bit more poke than your local petrol allows you just repeat the dosage making sure there is atleast as much, or ideally a bit more of the octane booster than there was when it was mapped.

Generally speaking the mapping / logging process with Litchfield (via Dan) is very quick and efficient.
Cheers for the info and taking time to reply, the car def drives better , fluid changes etc but this has def left me a tad disappointed....... I'm fully aware of the 97 ron scenario but the car def feels its lacking something and I do gate being one of "them" customers ☹

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
No worries. If you do the logs they will happily check and tweak without issue. I imagine they would have been wary knocking you would be running it on different fuel.

Go for it

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No worries. If you do the logs they will happily check and tweak without issue. I imagine they would have been wary knocking you would be running it on different fuel.

Go for it
Spoke this morning but also spoke to Severn...... gonna chose correctly here.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Hmm that's an easy choice imo. I'd just be pulling a log and sending it by email to [email protected] asking him to turn it up. Noting built engine and stock gearbox.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Hmm that's an easy choice imo. I'd just be pulling a log and sending it by email to [email protected] asking him to turn it up. Noting built engine and stock gearbox.
Thats no choice LOL shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as Litchfield

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
My original gtr was built by svm and it has been 100% reliable mate id have to check exactly but 4-5k miles since built no issues
Well you know what they say? A broken watch is right at least twice a day!
Please dont go back there, they might have you stuffed and put on the wall with the other oneo_O
On the other hand Ive been talking to a guy who was unfortunate enough to buy a car from them they also unfortunately for him, also built. Ill say no more least to say the stories are many and not pretty of various dubious practises and standards of work.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'd guess the original Dyno u had with the car was done on 99ron, your new one done on 97??
Could that be why the torque is lower on the new map?
Personally I've always found Litchfields very helpful when I've had any issues and I wouldn't say I'm a big spender.
Had my car mapped by them a few months ago and it made more power and torque than the previous tuners map while running less boost.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Please dont go back there, they might have you stuffed and put on the wall with the other oneo_O
On the other hand Ive been talking to a guy who was unfortunate enough to buy a car from them they also unfortunately for him, also built. Ill say no more least to say the stories are many and not pretty of various dubious practises and standards of work.
I've not heard of any of the issues mate, I've not actually dealt with them directly they built ryan g car and I bought it, I've bought new car from JM imports so will likely stick with them if I need anything I can't do, I'm sure there will be things need doing with 1600 hp 😂 lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I actually called your place yesterday but was told to ring tomorrow.
I opted for a speed density sensor and fuel sensor , not sure if that is contributing to the underwhelming feeling.
I've emailed both Iain and Dan ref logs before and after the initial reply it was then ignored. I really expected more from them. Seen this before with companies once they get a big name it then has a detrimental effect on customer service

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I actually called your place yesterday but was told to ring tomorrow.
I opted for a speed density sensor and fuel sensor , not sure if that is contributing to the underwhelming feeling.
I've emailed both Iain and Dan ref logs before and after the initial reply it was then ignored. I really expected more from them. Seen this before with companies once they get a big name it then has a detrimental effect on customer service
Whos place did you call dude?

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I've not heard of any of the issues mate, I've not actually dealt with them directly they built ryan g car and I bought it, I've bought new car from JM imports so will likely stick with them if I need anything I can't do, I'm sure there will be things need doing with 1600 hp 😂 lol
100% stick with using the place that built each car for problems, JM are great to deal with known Jurgen for close to 20 years he will go above and beyond to help you, top top guy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is the reply I've had to chase to get (attached) I've replied stating I dont want boxes blown etc but that initial pull the car had I want back

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts