GTR Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,829 Posts
So it's been down tuned because of the fuel?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So it's been down tuned because of the fuel?
Yes ,,, well the torque is down but bhp is up..... I've spoken with another tuner this morning who was really helpful when I may end up getting to retune for me if this drags on

·
Registered
176 Posts
I can't see any reason to cap the torque if the internals have been done. Ain't that the reason the torque is capped to stop a stock rod going sideways.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I can't see any reason to cap the torque if the internals have been done. Ain't that the reason the torque is capped to stop a stock rod going sideways.
Mate its beyond me, although I knew it was forged you can see from their email (sending invoice) to me advising it was in fact a built engine.... so they knew this whilst doing the bloody work
Again a day has passed without replying to my concerns.... people do say they're very busy, I've worked in busy environments and you prioritise...... possible complaints should not go ignored. Maybe I'm wrong

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Naturally there will be an element of conservatism in any given tune to compensate for fuel batch variation.

It may be this meant the original tune was just about OK on the lower octane fuel or that the car was dangerously close to knocking.

The logical next step as I said before is to simply record a log. Say a pull from low revs in 3rd to whatever speed you are OK to get to.

Send it across to Dan and say, cars loaded up with fresh local fuel. Please can you add some more power in to help safely reintroduce some of the torque that was there before.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Naturally there will be an element of conservatism in any given tune to compensate for fuel batch variation.

It may be this meant the original tune was just about OK on the lower octane fuel or that the car was dangerously close to knocking.

The logical next step as I said before is to simply record a log. Say a pull from low revs in 3rd to whatever speed you are OK to get to.

Send it across to Dan and say, cars loaded up with fresh local fuel. Please can you add some more power in to help safely reintroduce some of the torque that was there before.
I'll do that today, you think that should be suffice........ pull in 3rd?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mate its beyond me, although I knew it was forged you can see from their email (sending invoice) to me advising it was in fact a built engine.... so they knew this whilst doing the bloody work
Has the transmission been built?
That's the next weak point after the rods.

Not sure how much torque an OEM one takes before something breaks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Has the transmission been built?
That's the next weak point after the rods.

Not sure how much torque an OEM one takes before something breaks.
No stock but my dilemma is that the car was pushing near 640ftlb before this v8 live map happened were as big its 606ftlb. They've increased the bhp but reduced torque , they're staring uts the fuel but another reputable tuner said that is laughable
Apparently Litchfield are renowned for being a tad to conservative..... I'm phoning today and asking who deals with complaints
This whole remap cost over 2k by the time I paid transporter etc

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Mate! Just do the log and send it to them!

Pull it from low revs in 3rd to as fast as you can. Including higher gears. Send it to Dan. Copy and paste my words above if you need to. It's a piece of piss. I don't understand why you haven't already. Tell then you want it angry if you need to 😂

Do a few logs/revisions and you should be happy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Mate! Just do the log and send it to them!

Pull it from low revs in 3rd to as fast as you can. Including higher gears. Send it to Dan. Copy and paste my words above if you need to. It's a piece of piss. I don't understand why you haven't already. Tell then you want it angry if you need to 😂

Do a few logs/revisions and you should be happy.
Lol it's being done once this storm passes, weathers crap here in belfast
Iain replied to an email i sent, it's to do with ignition timing with 97 ron apparently but he's glad for a 3rd and 4th gear pull log to be sent.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
This is the reply I've had to chase to get (attached) I've replied stating I dont want boxes blown etc but that initial pull the car had I want back
Octane booster will be your friend then, hit up Martin Lee on here and you can run a 99 map

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Octane booster will be your friend then, hit up Martin Lee on here and you can run a 99 map
Sorry if this sounds stupid but when they mapped setting 2 (97ron) and got more bhp do you think that setting 3 (99ron) increases aswell?
Is octane booster ok to run on a long term basis?

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
More octane will enable more torque to be run for sure. Boosters like boostane I'm not sure I'd want to run all the time. Some are also total junk. Avoid those claiming to run additional points of octane. You want additional numbers!

Loads have run the klotz higher octane booster on this platform now. One pint bottle on a tank of 97ron pump fuel is worth 2.5 octane numbers (>99 octane) or 1 bottle to half a tank is worth 5 octane numbers (101octane). Dosing any harder without a map is wasting your money imo tbh.

The klotz also acts as. Fuel stabiliser and fuel system cleaner too. Totally fine to run all the time or whenever you need it.

Happy to sort you out but would recomend you get litcho to sort your 97 Ron tune out first 👍

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
More octane will enable more torque to be run for sure. Boosters like boostane I'm not sure I'd want to run all the time. Some are also total junk. Avoid those claiming to run additional points of octane. You want additional numbers!

Loads have run the klotz higher octane booster on this platform now. One pint bottle on a tank of 97ron pump fuel is worth 2.5 octane numbers (>99 octane) or 1 bottle to half a tank is worth 5 octane numbers (101octane). Dosing any harder without a map is wasting your money imo tbh.

The klotz also acts as. Fuel stabiliser and fuel system cleaner too. Totally fine to run all the time or whenever you need it.

Happy to sort you out but would recomend you get litcho to sort your 97 Ron tune out first 👍
The Fuchs pro boost I've mentioned to you before seem to offer numbers like you advised. I've to do a other log for Litchfield, I'm going to mention the booster to them. Running the 99 map with my 97 + booster is def a better drive

Attachments

21 - 34 of 34 Posts