GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously thinking about buying a new GTR but slightly worried about the attention these cars attract. Anyone know whether there are any reported cases of car jacking or garage / house break-in's?

I remember when the RS4 came out, drivers were worried about the attention they got!

·
Registered
634 Posts
I remember when the RS4 came out, drivers were worried about the attention they got!
Why they're crap - GTRs have the door lock button - when I get in mine I just lock the door behind me.

Kp

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
I just added my own auto door lock, and an anti hijack immobiliser.

Add that to a specially trained attack missus, there is little chance of my GTR being driven off....

·
Registered
690 Posts
Why they're crap - GTRs have the door lock button - when I get in mine I just lock the door behind me.

Kp
Hey! I loved my RS4! 3 yrs - 2 services....and not a change of transmission oil or rattle ever! And the bumpers matched the bodywork! ;)

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
PROF - In a nutshell mate you worry too much! Just use common sense, apply it & take the normal steps that you would with any other car when your out & about.

If we all went round worrying if we're going to be burgled, robbed, attacked, stabbed, mugged etc. then no one would go out or do anything would they?
Car theft / jacking happens all the time in London as it does all over the UK, just as with any other crime from shoplifting to murder but there are steps you can take to lessen the risks to yourself, family etc.

If your that paranoid then may I suggest an R35 is not for you & you should have one of these instead :

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
... fair points. More worried about getting the house turned over at night while they look for the keys. Especially if they venture towards the kids rooms.

Seems like there are no reported cases.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
... fair points. More worried about getting the house turned over at night while they look for the keys. Especially if they venture towards the kids rooms.

Seems like there are no reported cases.

Again just make sure you use common sense & make sure keys aren't left visibly in front of windows or in the hallway where they can use the fishing rod technique to get them!

No matter what security is employed for a house or car if someone is so hell bent on stealing or breaking into it then they will do! If you have a garage then I suggest you use it as cutting down the visual element would also help your peace of mind!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
PROF -
If your that paranoid then may I suggest an R35 is not for you & you should have one of these instead :

are they available in any other colours that battlefield grey is a bit drab for me ...:p
i like the machine gun turret though...that would sort the buggers out .!!

·
Super Moderator
15,847 Posts
Get a big dog for the house.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
I have an Anti Hi Jack device fitted to mine. PM me for details if you want

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Get a big dog for the house.:thumbsup:
or move to one of these ...

CLIFFORD do a good anti-hijack system called BLACKJAX ...

another good one is this ...

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
I also have the BIG dog in the house too (and a couple of Samuri swords in case they get in !!)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts