GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SPOILER ALERT!

The GT-R wins. Porsche must be beside themselves. A £140k direct competitor to the GT-R and they still can't beat it subjectively? :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Seriously impressive that the all new 991 can't beat a GTR that has been around for years - no wonder Porsche already discounting the 991 turbo and turbo s

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even more impressively, in the same issue about the new BMW M4, the head of the programme says "There's almost nothing else like it [the M4] for the price. Okay, you have the Nissan GT-R, but everyone finds it difficult to compete with that." :eek:

It's amazing how the Germans seriously respect the GT-R. Although to be fair, the M4 is going to have a base price well below the GT-R's (rumoured to be £62k, but of course it will need loads of extras to match the GT-R's standard spec).

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's only a four page article, but pretty impressive for the GT-R.
I thought it was only evo that were insightful enough to consistently rate it above the Turbo, but apparently not.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Seriously impressive that the all new 991 can't beat a GTR that has been around for years - no wonder Porsche already discounting the 991 turbo and turbo s
I think Porsche, and other manufacturers need their heads testing, regarding their price points, in todays economy. £140K plus for a Turbo S, i think thats outrageous. I dont care how good the car is, i think they are driving customers away. They should keep the prices the same as the 997 turbos at least, and sell more of them, and make more profit that way. It makes my blood boil, im glad the GT-R showed it the way home, and at £65k plus cheaper, thats effin outstanding.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Amazing achievement and what will they make of the Nismo when launched! I know it will have a price point above £100k but what a beast to hit close to 2s 0-100km and I know the Germans will point towards running costs, but as an owner of MY2010 I don't care about servicing every 6months when you can gloat with the comparison against one of Germany best! Can't wait to get my copy and thanks for the nod David.:chuckle:

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Exactly why I wont be selling mine....really what can you buy that's even going to come close for the same money??

·
Registered
173 Posts
So clearly they're comparing it to the brand new model GT-R.
How do you guys think my 59 plate stage 1 would compare against the new 991 turbo? Surely the same result?! :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
Henry, time to get on Suttgart9 and wind the Porsche fanboys up :popcorn:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Gozilla prevails. :popcorn: :chuckle:

Well, atleast the 991 GT3 turned out to be a winner. NA wise, that is the car I'll get. Waited long enough for them to put a proper PDK on it. :chuckle:

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Yeah the 991 gt3 looks awesome. Defo on my must own list :)
+1....saw one on the motorway the other day and i was a bit smitten....cant afford one but might take a trip down to the beetle dealer and see if i can get a test drive.....still want a UGR Gallardo though first:thumbsup:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Honestly, godzilla is a master piece. Auto journalist who can really drive like Harris, Sutters, Bovingdon etc. all love Godzilla to bit.

Even today with super excellent new 991 GT3, the GT-R is still right up there.

Porsche 911 GT3 | evo REVIEW - YouTube

:bowdown1:

If people are honest and put price and ego aside, its a truly epic supercar. :)

P.S. Bovingdon compares it to Godzilla near the end.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts