GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not GTR related but I just started a thread selling some parts when I sold my GTR 3 months ago, whilst posting photo’s I thought you may appreciate some of my replacement.
Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle Car
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Plant

I had had it for 12 years and had a 33GTR and 34GTR previously as well as a 300ZX 30 years ago.
At the age of 56 I thought it time to scratch an itch and try something different before either I am too old to get into a sports car or everything goes bloody electric.
I bought this 3 months ago.
As much as I loved the GTR’s I have to say this is something completely different.
To be fair it should be as the list price was £140k - I bought it for nearly 1 /3 less with 4K on the clock and a December 19 plate so it was a 2020 model.

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
Lovely, unusual colour as well for an Aston

·
R35 Section manager
11,263 Posts
Nice looking motor. Anymore pics?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Fantastic looking thing.
Would be interested in a comparison between the two.

This has a Mercedes 4.0L hot Vee?
Tried one a few years ago albeit in an AMG and it's a great powerplant.
Shame the car satnav was faulty, only ever directed me to Warsaw. . .

·
Registered
342 Posts
Not GTR related but I just started a thread selling some parts when I sold my GTR 3 months ago, whilst posting photo’s I thought you may appreciate some of my replacement. View attachment 269728 View attachment 269729
I had had it for 12 years and had a 33GTR and 34GTR previously as well as a 300ZX 30 years ago.
At the age of 56 I thought it time to scratch an itch and try something different before either I am too old to get into a sports car or everything goes bloody electric.
I bought this 3 months ago.
As much as I loved the GTR’s I have to say this is something completely different.
To be fair it should be as the list price was £140k - I bought it for nearly 1 /3 less with 4K on the clock and a December 19 plate so it was a 2020 model.
I love the aero kit, any more pics of the inside plz ?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love the aero kit, any more pics of the inside plz ?
The Aero kit is just standard, I think the gloss black with the red car makes it stand out more than other models. I will take some interior pictures and post them up when I get a chance - black leather with red stitching.
Neil

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The depreciation probably tells you there’s a limited market such a car.

Still a very nice car either way.
Yes, some bugger has taken a hit on this, but to be fair if you can afford over £140k for a new car then I don’t think many people will be feeling sorry for them.
I am hoping it has taken its biggest hit and things will slow down now.
Prices have increased considerably since I got this, but maybe that’s due to the general market.
I am also hoping that as the Vantage has been out in previous versions for many years the number and value of older versions will help hold the price up on this completely new model.
I read some stat that something like 90% of Aston’s ever made are still on the road - incredible if true.
One things for sure, whatever the depreciation I wont be spending a fortune modding it like I did with the GTR, so that will save me something😀

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fantastic looking thing.
Would be interested in a comparison between the two.

This has a Mercedes 4.0L hot Vee?
Tried one a few years ago albeit in an AMG and it's a great powerplant.
Shame the car satnav was faulty, only ever directed me to Warsaw. . .
Yes it has the Merc engine and infotainment / sat NAV.
Everything else is Aston Martin though, the build quality and materials are miles better than the GTR (but then they should be for the price).
I can’t really comment on a comparison driving wise as i am no expert or racing driver but I think it feels so much more nimble and responsive and the ride is much better - maybe on the track it would be different, but lets be honest it is in the real world of UK roads that we drive our cars.
As much as I loved the GTR and got a lot of positive attention this is in another league. Every time I get in it I feel really special and I still cant help sneaking into the garage to look at it. I have also had nothing but positive comments from people Even if they dont know what it is. When I am out and come back and see it parked up I feel really proud to own it. We all work hard to buy our cars so feeling this way about it means that I don't regret what I spent on it for 1 minute even though it was more than I had ever spent on anything on any car and also any house until my current one!
Those sort of feelings explain why I didn’t get something like a Porsche or even a new GTR (both of which I considered) as I am sure plenty of people would argue they are technically better cars than the Vantage, but in my opinion I think it is a much ‘better’ car if that makes sense.
Neil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts