GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My R33 GTS25t runs fine when cold. When the engine warms up it becomes a little sluggish - only at very light throttle. It struggles up hills and I find myself having to give it more boot to get the same performance.

We've checked the plugs, changed the fuel filter, cleaned the injectors, AFM has been rewired because it died previously, checked the alternator which is charging at 12-14 volts.

The dash seems to be dimmer also and the heads up display is virtually invisible.

Also, it starts up roughly with the air con on but seems to start fine with the air con off. Also smells like it's running a bit rich.

Any suggestions??

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
I know of one owner who had a lot of bother after fitting a new Fuel Filter, and basically he couldn't get the car to start.

The problem was a slight leak at the filter, and nipping up the hoses a little bit tighter cured it if I recall correctly.

Worth a quick check.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The plugs are at 0.8mm.

We are thinking O2 sensor. It's intermittent and unpredictable, and only when the car has warmed up - so would be relying on the O2 sensor, and only really affects cruise and really light throttle. We tested it today with a multimeter, and instead of between 0.4 and 0.6 volts (which is exactly what moondog's read at), it varied - unpredictably - between 0.3 and 0.8, which would go with the way the car's performance varies unpredictably.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The previous owner wound the boost up to a max of 180 rwkws - on standard fuel system and intercooler. Funnily enuff, he got detonation. He apparently tried to cure this by running it on avgas. We found this out from the dyno operator after we ran it, and he remembered it from previous occasions. Anyway, avgas = lead. Leaded fuel = poked lambda sensor.

And we've been quoted $270 new from Nissan. (which is about 10p for all of you :p )

·
Registered
7 Posts
:D :D :D :D

O2 Sensor!!

:D :D :D :D

Replaced the O2 sensor, and the car is running beautifully, and using much much much less fuel too. Andy = happy :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts