GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had cambelt idler and tensioner changed day before this happned,

was driving noticed on idle engine was making a scraping belt kind of noise not very loud, later i took it out was cruising at 70mph put foot down in 5th started to pull then just seemed to hold back and stopped acclerating.

car now has no go in it at all still boosts ok no misfire or anything, what could it be? (i know thers probly a million and one things but what most likely)

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
intercooler pipe blown off?

The only times I've encountered pressing the throttle and nothing happening, bad stuff ensued, like billowing clouds of smoke coming from my tailpipe and the clunking of a blown piston flopping around in its cylinder...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its going back to the tuning place on sat and if this is a result of their work they better sorting it out sharpish.

it was night time when it happned so couldnt see if it was smoking but if it was cant have been much as i didnt see any in rear veiw mirror on lit areas of road.

oh yeh forgot to add the exhuast note is now different aswell

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
i think its jumped a tooth :(
are you running a Power FC? If so, try futzing with global ignition timing, and see if that fixes things. If it does, then your CAS was mounted off, or indeed your belt jumped ahead or behind a bit.

·
Registered
449 Posts
are you running a Power FC? If so, try futzing with global ignition timing, and see if that fixes things. If it does, then your CAS was mounted off, or indeed your belt jumped ahead or behind a bit.
Don't mess with the ignition timing, you could just end up making it worse. Take it back to whoever changed the belt and get them to have a look at it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
car only started making noise after about 15 miles, i now have to figure out a way of getting it back to tuning place without driving it.

wil it have damaged my engine if it has jumped a tooth?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
even with one tooth its risky and there's very good chance it will collide but before you do anything take the frount cover off (easy peasy job)& check first the tension of belt & then you can also check the timing marks on bottom pully & cam pulley's then you will see if this is the fault ,you will see straight away if the belts been rubbing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.