GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not so long ago I had a problem with the car which Abbey Motorsport fixed for me. It was the heater matrix that went...

I think it's about to give up the ghost again. This morning after the ice melted and I was about to do a trip to my sisters. The inside of the windscreen was misted over and wet, went to wipe it up with kitchen roll but it was smeary and took an age to dry. Also the passenger foot well carpet is a bit damp and has left an oily residue on my fingers (only checked that once I returned home from Sisters). Heat is still coming out of the heater perfectly, oil temp and water temp is fine. Haven't looked in the Rad as it's now dark and was a bit hot to open (just got home from sisters) but the coolant tank is just above Min.

The carpet could be still oily from when the Matrix died first time and the drivers side isn't wet. Also there isn't a coolant/oil/water horrid smell you get. And I know trying to find a cleaner for the windscreen to get rid of those lasting smears from last time, has taken an age.

Obviously I will call Abbey in the morning and get it down there (some how) but could this be a starter for the heater matrix again? Or something else?
By the way I got a 2nd hand Matrix as I money was a bit tight for a new one.

What do you guys/gals think?

Me
x

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hmmmm.... I'd a simular problem with my old mk4 supra. Just an idea here,

I noticed after I had got the heater matrix sorted that coming up to cold weather is was still fogging up a bit and felt damp. But there was nothing wrong with the heater matrix it was mearly like the cold weather was suffacing the old water and dampness that was still inside the cabin from 3 months before hand and it seemed to be giving the same symtoms as before but without the smell (and obviously no drop in coolant level)

I know it doesnt really make sense what i've said lol but what your saying is what happened to me too and i could of sworn I was seeing things myself! but there was nothing wrong:thumbsup:

Could be a simular situation

·
Premium Member
6,197 Posts
noticed with the snowy weather that the inside windows were very wet, I put it down to snow on my snows melting and making the inside very damp.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Condensation will form when you have a colder surface against a warmer area of air. This is because warmer air can hold more moisture.

It doesnt mean that you have a problem for sure, Still worth giving Abbey a call though

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
you need cold air in the car, not warm LOL

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tony called me this morning and everything appears to be fine with the car, thanks for the reassurance Tony! :clap:

Thanks for the comments :)

Hugs
Claire

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,035 Posts
Wet in the morning.

Where's the problem there?

lol

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,035 Posts
I was enough of a gentleman not to go near this comment...

booty said:
...carpet is a bit damp and has left an oily residue on my fingers
lol

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was enough of a gentleman not to go near this comment...

Originally Posted by booty
...carpet is a bit damp and has left an oily residue on my fingers

lol
PMSL!!!! Not only Welsh....but a quick and witty one too...bless you! :p

x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts