GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I had a thread about this a while back and thought it was a HICAS problem, however I've since had the lock bar in place and it still does it.

Basically at around 100kph and above while cornering a gradual right turn the steering seems to pull towards the corner and then not and then pull again while in the same corner. Any ideas or anything I can check on the lift. Last time I had it up in the air I gave a good once over and nothing seemed bent or anything. Any steps I can take to isolate this problem?

Thanks/Cheers

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Some things to check...

Tyres checked, pressure, wear - what do the tyres look like and are they the same wear on all wheels?

Does the car track straight ahead - i.e. if you "briefly" remove your hands off the wheels on a straight road does the car move opposite to the road camber i.e. does it pull right?

Alignment fully checked?, toe, castor, king pin angle, camber etc same on both sides or expected to the manual - usually castor will be slightly different on each side but a big difference can cause weird feelings like this? Set-back and thrust angle are also other problems and can be signs of a bad accident in the past!

Play in the suspension somewhere, wear in the steering linkage?

Bent wheel/rim - unlikely but can cause weird feelings in the steering?

What is the torque split on the gauge during this?

My advice would be to get a 4-wheel laser alignment before doing anything else and see what that shows up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
im not sure if its the same on the skyline as the S14, but i have a similar problem and its due to a worn out tc rod bushing.

something else that can cause that would be a worn out upper shockmount

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
one thing to definitely do while the car is on the lift is give each wheel a good hard wiggle. although it wasn't noticeable with my handling, I isolated a worn ball joint that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts