GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a few issues with my R33 GTR. It has been in storage for 3months and was driving fine before that. Went to start it today and can't get it going. At first I thought that perhaps the battery was being a bit too sluggish to turn over the engine fast enough. So we decided to try bump starting it; this didn't work either. It backfired once on the third time of attempting to bump it but other than that it hasn't fired at all.

It has an immobilsor fitted but I don't think that's the issue as I get dash lights (and the car backfired).

It has quarter of a tank of fuel in it.

I've check all boost hoses and they're all attached properly (as I had an issue with one popping off before it went into storage).

The ecu is an apexi power FC and it's running about 500fwhp at 1.4bar.

I'll be checking all fuses when it's light in the morning. Other than that has anyone got any suggestions before I end up taking it to a garage?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I'm having a few issues with my R33 GTR. It has been in storage for 3months and was driving fine before that. Went to start it today and can't get it going. At first I thought that perhaps the battery was being a bit too sluggish to turn over the engine fast enough. So we decided to try bump starting it; this didn't work either. It backfired once on the third time of attempting to bump it but other than that it hasn't fired at all.

It has an immobilsor fitted but I don't think that's the issue as I get dash lights (and the car backfired).

It has quarter of a tank of fuel in it.

I've check all boost hoses and they're all attached properly (as I had an issue with one popping off before it went into storage).

The ecu is an apexi power FC and it's running about 500fwhp at 1.4bar.

I'll be checking all fuses when it's light in the morning. Other than that has anyone got any suggestions before I end up taking it to a garage?

Thanks in advance.
i wud actually try a new batt 1st...even bumpstart wont work if there's so little juice

u can buy a micra batt for like 35 quid...bought mine at a local motor factor

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
As above, or hook some leads up to it and jump start it. My money's on the battery.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
try leaving the jump leads connected for a while if you don't fancy spending the money on a new battery yet,by a while i mean like 30 mintues atleast to an hour,and make sure the other car is running

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now not starting again! :confused: For my last post I had charged the battery, reconnected and it started, so put the car back into storage.

On Saturday I finallly got around to buying a new battery for it, hooked it up and it now won't start again! It turns over fine and I can smell petrol so think it might be an ignition problem. The car used to start first time, everytime when it was being used regularly, but since being stored it has developed a few issues.

When being turned over it doesn't fire at all, just cranks over. At a guess it could be the imobilisor messing up where it's gone flat and been recharged so many times? (whilst in storage)

It's beginning to annoy me as I was hoping to get it back on the road soon.

Anyone got any advice?

·
Registered
160 Posts
An immobiliser usually does two circuits if it's the thatcham approved job. If its getting fuel then I would have a look at the ignition system.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi it may be worth checking if your alarm has a valet mode this will disarm all features then if it don't start you will at least no it is not the alarm.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
i would take a bet on the fuel has gone "off".

it will start if you crank it enough but you will find it harder and harder to start each time you leave it.

My car does not like fuel any older than 2 months

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm the fuel is really old now. At least a year so that might be the issue. I'll top it up and see if that solves it.

As for the alarm I'll look into it but I doubt there's a valet mode as it's a cheapy.

Cheers for the advise guys. Also, Huskyman thanks for the offer mate. Yeah I'd appreciate the wiring diagrams. Send them over if that's OK please. I'll send you a PM.:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts